Golfing dopeheads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monnet

Guru
I've just read in CW that 6 top level athletes gave positive dope tests during the time the Tour was on. Never heard about that one in the national press, front pages, news at ten etc. either.

skut

monnet said:
I've just read in CW that 6 top level athletes gave positive dope tests during the time the Tour was on. Never heard about that one in the national press, front pages, news at ten etc. either.

I do take your point, but actually that 800 m runner (blonde, can't remember her name) was in the papers quite a bit - it's just you were reading the cycling sections.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Since none of you can keep up with my riding, you'll never get to see me doing the legendary skinning on the bike trick....

fuzzy29

Given that I do play the odd round of golf, I can see how a performance enhancing drug could aid your game. A walk around 18 holes and taking (over) a hundred shots leaves me feeling a bit tired. For a pro, that little bit of extra energy could be the difference between not making the cut and winning a few million.

Also, they're not tested, so there's no risk. I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of the pro's are using something that is illegal, either as an energy boost or to calm them down. The game of golf is so wound up with it's own petty rules and regulations, that going for a round whilst high as a kite, would go unnoticed.

But, given the money in golf, I doubt they would ever test. Imagine Tiger testing positive, Nike would go bankrupt!

Tetedelacourse

They'd have to recall the most tested athlete in history back to training camp!

Or plough it into Beckham - wait a minute, operacion puerto anyone??

k-dog

^ yeah, it's not so much steroids in golf but things to relax you and stop tremors and stuff - same sort of stuff that was supposedly rife in snooker a few years ago.

Top Bottom