Gone to the dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's it Ive gone and done it, I've gone over to the dark side. I have bought and riden in cycling shoes and cleats :smile:

huh.. and there was I thinking I was going to read a thread about a new recumbent rider....:laugh:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
19.4 mph average on a windy day is good going. Your in a higher league than me for sure. When I tried clipless for a few years I didnt notice any measureable difference to riding on flats but this maybe due to me being a plodder anyway.

I saw a documentary film some years ago about a member of a mystical group of warrior priests (or similar) from another galaxy.

I ought to warn you (on the basis of what I observed) that the initial apparent benefits of going to the dark side are not enjoyed in the longer term.

You will find climbing easier and will feel more connected to the bicycle. You will also be able to achieve higher cadences with a greater sense of security...

However, the dark side shows all the signs of having a corrosive effect on your basic humanity and what might commonly be referred to as your soul.

It may also encourage you to bully the staff in the canteen of the Death Star, but I may have got that mixed up with something else.

Ride safely.

DBH

Well done on buying the shoes and cleats. Yes, your cadence will be smoother, climbing will improve and your overall performance will be better BUT, the best bit, when you stop you can practise your tap dancing.

Top Bottom