good afternoon from Yorkshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

OP
OP
megabit

megabit

Regular
:welcome: Hi, show us a piccy of the new bike I love Cannys.
Only picture I have at the moment, it is according to the serial number a 2006 with sora triple gears , now looking for some new wheels to take my weight looking at either of these https://www.kinetic-one.co.uk/kinetic-one-k1-33st-alloy-wheelset-up-to-150kg-7011-p.asp OR https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-Plus-Son-SL42-super-strong-road-bike-wheels-/161079950256

Attachments

• synapse1.jpg
    synapse1.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 3

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good afternoon @megabit I'm a big lad & have a set of wheels with H Plus archetype rims that have proved faultless, the rims on the wheels you have linked have a rather deep section & will certainly catch the wind, you sure you want them that deep? For the kind of money you are looking at you should get a wheelset plenty strong enough. Have a look at Spa Cycles, they do hand built wheels with Kinlin rims that look nice & maybe a little cheaper :okay:
The Spen Valley cycle way is a nice route for testing out the bike, I've used it a few times coming back from my parents 👍

OP
OP
megabit

megabit

Regular
Good afternoon @megabit I'm a big lad & have a set of wheels with H Plus archetype rims that have proved faultless, the rims on the wheels you have linked have a rather deep section & will certainly catch the wind, you sure you want them that deep? For the kind of money you are looking at you should get a wheelset plenty strong enough. Have a look at Spa Cycles, they do hand built wheels with Kinlin rims that look nice & maybe a little cheaper :okay:
The Spen Valley cycle way is a nice route for testing out the bike, I've used it a few times coming back from my parents 👍
I am not really bothered about the wind, and all I am doing is making sure they will carry my 18 stone without too many problems the bike will only get used for about 1 hour a day it is to ease myself into some sort of better fitness not that I am totally unfit I have just installed new doors and windows in the house and plastered 2 ceilings, but I am a carer for my wife and want to make sure I can do that for as long as she has left so the bike was a chance to get me out of the house and hopefully achieve the fitness level I require to take good care of her.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I am not really bothered about the wind, and all I am doing is making sure they will carry my 18 stone without too many problems the bike will only get used for about 1 hour a day it is to ease myself into some sort of better fitness not that I am totally unfit I have just installed new doors and windows in the house and plastered 2 ceilings, but I am a carer for my wife and want to make sure I can do that for as long as she has left so the bike was a chance to get me out of the house and hopefully achieve the fitness level I require to take good care of her.
I think i may have been about 17 stone when I started running on my H Plus Archetype rims & they were fine, so 18 stone should be ok too. I wasn't & still not bothered about the wind, but the deeper your rims the more you will notice the side winds, so something to be aware of :okay: I'd go for 36 spokes on the rear & 32 on the front for strength if that's an option👍

Top Bottom