good afternoon from Yorkshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
megabit

megabit

Regular
I think i may have been about 17 stone when I started running on my H Plus Archetype rims & they were fine, so 18 stone should be ok too. I wasn't & still not bothered about the wind, but the deeper your rims the more you will notice the side winds, so something to be aware of :okay: I'd go for 36 spokes on the rear & 32 on the front for strength if that's an option👍
Ok thanks for your advice any advice and suggestions are welcome going to take this week to phone a few wheel builders and make my mind up, changing the crankset this week as the sprockets are not brilliant , bought all the tools and a nearly new crankset it was something I allowed for at the purchase price of the bike £350.

alicat

Legendary Member
Hi @megabit, maybe check out Spa Cycles in Starbeck. Give them a call - they should be able to sort out some wheels to suit you.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you are speaking to some wheel builders I'm sure they will give you some good advice on what will best suit you & your style of riding :okay: Out of interest who are you thinking of using, as I may need another wheelset soon & there's no one local to me, but don't mind traveling to west yorks :okay:

Top Bottom