Good and Bad about cycling physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm...big legs etc, skinny arms...typical cyclist, not skinny though at 12st 5-9 - mean and lean (ish)..........

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Randochap said:
Ride more.

Charming. One can always do more but I don't think my mileage (knee and cold stopping me recently) compares too badly to quite a few on here. My point was I don't think cycling does much for some little people like me. On the other hand I know someone else who isn't fat but is a lot bigger than me and not fit and when they started cycling even vaguely regularly muscles in their much larger legs started changing from day 1. We've had threads on here before people bemoaning the lack of toning despite large amounts of cycling!

Cathryn said:
I got my best ever arse on our bike tour last month. It didn't shrink but it was awesomely pert and firm.

Now? Just gone south again. Boo.
I can't believe there haven't been demands for before and after pics...;)

My buns could crack walnuts. :girl:

gbb

Legendary Member
tyred said:
I don't remember anyone ever saying that I'm skinny...

I do...:ohmy:
I walked into the office, after having a discussion about my builld with a colleague.
I walked in and said ' Im not skinny am i ;)? '
A chorus met me...' Of course you are :girl: '

Actually, i'm 10.5 stone, lean, legs like a gazelle, been told ive got a lovey tight ar$e, but it seems like many others here, lightly built up top ;)

I'm not skinny....alright :girl:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
I can't believe there haven't been demands for before and after pics...:biggrin:

My buns could crack walnuts. :biggrin:

I kind of regret not taking photos now. There must be a lesson there about seizing the moment and capturing it for posterity...

Chris James

Über Member
marinyork said:
I wasn't aware there were any affects to ones physique from cycling. Vastus lateris got bigger (mostly the last year). That's been it. No other changes whatsoever.

I had to look up vastus lateralis to see which muscle it was. I am naturally skinny so never put much muscle bulk on, but have spent large chunks of my life doing exercises that involve the legs (rowing, hillwalking and cycling).

The biggest difference that I notice about my legs and someone who does no legwork whatsoever is the definition and size of the vastus medialis.

JimmyMacK

Chris James said:
I had to look up vastus lateralis to see which muscle it was. I am naturally skinny so never put much muscle bulk on, but have spent large chunks of my life doing exercises that involve the legs (rowing, hillwalking and cycling).

The biggest difference that I notice about my legs and someone who does no legwork whatsoever is the definition and size of the vastus medialis.

I'm naturally skinny too, I just have to work very, very hard at it!

Top Bottom