Good and Bad about cycling physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I'm just about to complete 3000 miles over the last 8-9 months since I got the trike, although I'm increasing my mileage at the moment so should be doing more in the future. I've noticed a number of physiological changes, both good and bad.

GOOD
I've lost weight (11kg)
Much better tone in legs/thighs/buttocks (see thread started the other day entitled 'sporty thighs')
Stronger biceps (from pushing my trike around and lifting it in and out of the car)

BAD
Shrinking boobs
Sporty thighs??? (can this be both good and bad)
Weatherbeaten face

Anyone else got any thoughts about good and bad? I tend to find a lot of male cyclists are a bit skinny for my liking, for example...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Auntie Helen said:
I tend to find a lot of male cyclists are a bit skinny for my liking, for example...

it's a shame for you that i'm spoken for then :smile:

I disklike being cyclist style skinny - not good for my self confidence.

I've been weight training since October and put on 5kg (from 75kg). As I still have a 32'' waist, I can only assume most of it is muscle.:wacko:

However, 5kg won't half slow me down in the various runs and sportives I've entered, particularly going up Mow Cop on the Cheshire Cat.

I like filling out my T shirts a bit better though. I suprised myself the other day waking up after a big night out in Manchester when I woke up with an unfamiliar muscled arm next to me.:angry:

Fortunately it was just my own.

Auntie Helen said:
Weatherbeaten face

:angry:
Oh Auntie Helen...nooooooooo.
You need to moisturise. Lots.
When I first started cycling I realised that I was in danger of ending up with a body which looked 10 years younger and a face that looked 10 years older - big yikes.
So now i get through more moisturiser than degreaser, lube etc all put together, but definately don't have the "outdoor look".

I agree with you about the rest of it though.
Er and do actually like skinny cyclists...:wacko:

Is that Fab with a 'T' then Fab? :angry:
Cycling has given me whipcord muscle.
I can now whip the cord out of my pyjama trousers no problemo! :wacko:

I'm Labrador thin with ripp(l)ed muscle. Luckily my hamster cheeks divert the wind, preventing that weather beaten look. That plus the gasping expulsion equal to the approaching force, keep the weather off. My thighs on the other hand are OK. WIth just that slight look of having once been bigger and leaner ;);)

Top Bottom