Good and Bad about cycling physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Having been an outdoorsy type from an early age, I suffer a bit from weathering. Counteracting it with a thin layer of fat seems to plump out the wrinkles :tongue:. Dayvo was very charming and asked if Chuffy and I were in our late 20's when we met him ;).

I definitely have sporty thighs, but think I was born with those so don't mind them as long as they still work properly.

As for men's physiques - well, as you can see from Chuffy's avatar, I'm not that fussy :biggrin: :sad:.

Cruel Baggy, cruel. You'll be up for sale again soon.

Harrumph.....:tongue:
<blows raspberry at WSO* on sofa>

I have mighty cyclists legs and thighs. Rock hard they are. :sad:
Sadly, the rest of me is less than pert. Cycling doesn't seem to do much about the ghastly combo of moob and belly...;)

* - Wife Shaped Object :biggrin:

snakehips

Apparently I don't have much of an ar$e. Or so I have just been told. No bad thing I would have thought. Far too many people have far too much ar$e IMHO.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the definition of the gluteal muscles, which matters to women, or so I'm told.

As a skier and cyclist mine aren't bad.

Chris James

Über Member
snakehips said:
Apparently I don't have much of an ar$e. Or so I have just been told. No bad thing I would have thought. Far too many people have far too much ar$e IMHO.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Funnily enough my wife likes to point out that for someone so skinny I have a surprisingly big arse.

I am not sure if she means it as a complement ...

JimmyMacK

Auntie Helen said:
BAD
Shrinking boobs
Sporty thighs??? (can this be both good and bad)
Weatherbeaten face

Anyone else got any thoughts about good and bad? I tend to find a lot of male cyclists are a bit skinny for my liking, for example...

Just taken up road biking and what do I have to look forward to?

Shrinking boobs ..... thats one of the reasons I took it up :biggrin:
Sporty thighs......another reason why I took it up :sad:
Weatherbeaten face ......well, not sure I wanted to moisturise but hey, I'm game :smile:

As long as I'm still losing pounds then I'll look forward to a cycling physique! I lost 3.5 stone since last may running, before an injury has interrupted my training for the Edinburgh marathon. Looking to lose another stone or 2 from cycling and swimming before I get back to running. Then put them all together and hey presto, a pillock in a body hugging suit (a view of myself, not that of others!)

Sorry for all non UK readers, I can't do metric or count to over 180 (lbs!)

GrahamG

Guru
Chuffy said:
I have mighty cyclists legs and thighs. Rock hard they are. :sad:
Sadly, the rest of me is less than pert. Cycling doesn't seem to do much about the ghastly combo of moob and belly...:thumbsup:

I share your pain, sir!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Rigid Raider said:
It's the definition of the gluteal muscles, which matters to women, or so I'm told.

As a skier and cyclist mine aren't bad.
I venture to suggest that definition of the gluteous maximus matters not one jot compared to the content of the cranial cavity.:thumbsup::sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I wasn't aware there were any affects to ones physique from cycling. Vastus lateris got bigger (mostly the last year). That's been it. No other changes whatsoever.

Top Bottom