Good and Bad about cycling physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Having been an outdoorsy type from an early age, I suffer a bit from weathering. Counteracting it with a thin layer of fat seems to plump out the wrinkles :tongue:. Dayvo was very charming and asked if Chuffy and I were in our late 20's when we met him ;).

I definitely have sporty thighs, but think I was born with those so don't mind them as long as they still work properly.

As for men's physiques - well, as you can see from Chuffy's avatar, I'm not that fussy :biggrin: :sad:.

Cruel Baggy, cruel. You'll be up for sale again soon.

Chuffy

Veteran
Harrumph.....:tongue:
<blows raspberry at WSO* on sofa>

I have mighty cyclists legs and thighs. Rock hard they are. :sad:
Sadly, the rest of me is less than pert. Cycling doesn't seem to do much about the ghastly combo of moob and belly...;)

* - Wife Shaped Object :biggrin:

snakehips

Apparently I don't have much of an ar$e. Or so I have just been told. No bad thing I would have thought. Far too many people have far too much ar$e IMHO.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the definition of the gluteal muscles, which matters to women, or so I'm told.

As a skier and cyclist mine aren't bad.

Chris James

Über Member
snakehips said:
Apparently I don't have much of an ar$e. Or so I have just been told. No bad thing I would have thought. Far too many people have far too much ar$e IMHO.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Funnily enough my wife likes to point out that for someone so skinny I have a surprisingly big arse.

I am not sure if she means it as a complement ...

JimmyMacK

Auntie Helen said:
BAD
Shrinking boobs
Sporty thighs??? (can this be both good and bad)
Weatherbeaten face

Anyone else got any thoughts about good and bad? I tend to find a lot of male cyclists are a bit skinny for my liking, for example...

Just taken up road biking and what do I have to look forward to?

Shrinking boobs ..... thats one of the reasons I took it up :biggrin:
Sporty thighs......another reason why I took it up :sad:
Weatherbeaten face ......well, not sure I wanted to moisturise but hey, I'm game :smile:

As long as I'm still losing pounds then I'll look forward to a cycling physique! I lost 3.5 stone since last may running, before an injury has interrupted my training for the Edinburgh marathon. Looking to lose another stone or 2 from cycling and swimming before I get back to running. Then put them all together and hey presto, a pillock in a body hugging suit (a view of myself, not that of others!)

Sorry for all non UK readers, I can't do metric or count to over 180 (lbs!)

Chuffy said:
I have mighty cyclists legs and thighs. Rock hard they are. :sad:
Sadly, the rest of me is less than pert. Cycling doesn't seem to do much about the ghastly combo of moob and belly...:thumbsup:

I share your pain, sir!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Rigid Raider said:
It's the definition of the gluteal muscles, which matters to women, or so I'm told.

As a skier and cyclist mine aren't bad.
I venture to suggest that definition of the gluteous maximus matters not one jot compared to the content of the cranial cavity.:thumbsup::sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I wasn't aware there were any affects to ones physique from cycling. Vastus lateris got bigger (mostly the last year). That's been it. No other changes whatsoever.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I got my best ever arse on our bike tour last month. It didn't shrink but it was awesomely pert and firm.

Now? Just gone south again. Boo.

Randochap

Senior hunter
marinyork said:
I wasn't aware there were any affects to ones physique from cycling. Vastus lateris got bigger (mostly the last year). That's been it. No other changes whatsoever.

Ride more.

Top Bottom