Good/Bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good - I play guitar in a band and we're just beginning to get better gigs (festivals, radio appearances, etc.)
Bad - we have to rehearse most weekends, which buggers up my cycling (and my relationship with Ms RT, sometimes ...)

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Night Train said:
Good - I think I have been head hunted for my bespoke carpentry skills.

Bad - The work is on the south coast!

you've got to go for it.

i've seen your pics and it's special work

if you miss the opportunity you'll always wonder, what if?

good luck

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
hubgearfreak said:
you've got to go for it.

i've seen your pics and it's special work

if you miss the opportunity you'll always wonder, what if?

good luck
Thanks, I am thinking about it very seriously. The work is initially constructional carpentry for a new build followed by high quality bespoke internal joinery and then the chance for some very high quality bespoke work for clients on the company's books.
The problem is that I will be 250+ miles from my workshop and I will need to find somewhere local to live as the first job is July to December.

Trillian

good: finished uni for the summer so able to relax a bit

bad: gf still at uni until august and i need to get a summer job

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Good: Work is going well and I'm enjoying it

Bad: A colleague doing the same job is being paid just under 9K more than me (due to a merger and her being from the 'other' place) and no-one seems capable/bothered to address the problem as it would ruffle feathers etc.

Pottsy

yenrod said:
And what was that ???????????

You have to look at some of the other cafe threads (errr, and only joking of course).

longers

Legendary Member
Good luck with what you decide to do NightTrain, it'd be great for you to be paid for your skills and talent.

The weathers better (on the whole) darn sarf = good cycling :smile:

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
longers said:
Good luck with what you decide to do NightTrain, it'd be great for you to be paid for your skills and talent.

The weathers better (on the whole) darn sarf = good cycling :smile:
I am nervous of the scale of the work load (I am not as used to the long hours having been teaching for a year) and I am concerned about the cost of moving south or finding accomodation. I will need a very long think.

Good - Just been offered an audition for my local amateur dramatics group.

Bad - haven't acted on stage in over 25 years.

Top Bottom