Good evening from Gravesend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stickfly

Good evening ladies & gents.
I'm a mature man who's been riding for a number of years now.
I had a Giant mountain bike that I converted to an electric bike in 2010, but it was stolen a few days later from my shed. Shame because it was a fast, comfortable bike after the conversion.
I then bought a Giant CRS1 (2009) which I still have & ride now & then.
Then in 2018 I bought a Gtech ebike which I now use a lot. (City) I've added a few parts to the Gtech bike : Aftermarket mudguards, a Brooks saddle, rear rack and great lights.
And this weekend I will be doing some work on my wife's bike, a Marin Larkspur 2007. (I did offer to buy her a Gtech ebike when I bought mine but she said no.)
So I will be fitting new tyres, inner tubes, rim tapes and brake pads.
Then, hopefully, we will be ready for a good ride in a few days.
Regards ..... Gary

Sharky

Guru
Hi and welcome from another mature, but Immature rider from nearby Longfield and a member of Gravesend CC.

Hornchurch

I had a Giant mountain bike that I converted to an electric bike in 2010,
Regards ..... Gary

Greetings from another 'newb' to this forum, albeit from someone who started cycling BEFORE the Beatles broke-up (& Hendrix died !)

Gulp - thinking about it, that's even before Neil Armstrong supposedly "walked on the moon" :okay: >>>> Anyways, I digress....

I was VERY intrigued to hear of your 'E-Bike' conversion (back in 2010), although I'd imagine that tech', has advanced, since then.

Am sure that I'm NOT alone in wishing/wanting/liking the thought of adding some "additional power" to my limited cycling range.

It's only a pipe-dream for me, at the moment, until I start to learn more..... conversion & "supplementary" being the key.

I just like the thought of having some additional "clout", should I need it & of course, potentially increasing my range/mileage too.

Sorry to hear that you had it stolen - Just seems to be all too rife thesedays - I know two friends who've had bikes stolen (April'22)

My knowledge of additional Electric power packs (& which ARE good or bad), is precisely ZILCH - (sadly)

Am toying with the idea of JUST a "front hub" addition, to save buggering-about with gears & cranks & ruining what I already have

Any pointers ?

Lastly, again, welcome from a fellow (now '5-post'), "newb" !!!

Sharky

Guru
from someone who started cycling BEFORE the Beatles broke-up (& Hendrix died !)
Now you are making me feel "mature".
I was also cycling before the Beatles broke up. In fact it was before the Beatles had even got together!
My avator photo was taken in 1969 and it was my 4th year of riding time trials.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I had a Giant mountain bike that I converted to an electric bike in 2010, but it was stolen a few days later from my shed. Shame because it was a fast, comfortable bike after the conversion.
I then bought a Giant CRS1 (2009) which I still have & ride now & then.
Then in 2018 I bought a Gtech ebike which I now use a lot. (City) I've added a few parts to the Gtech bike : Aftermarket mudguards, a Brooks saddle, rear rack and great lights.
And this weekend I will be doing some work on my wife's bike, a Marin Larkspur 2007. (I did offer to buy her a Gtech ebike when I bought mine but she said no.)
So I will be fitting new tyres, inner tubes, rim tapes and brake pads.
Then, hopefully, we will be ready for a good ride in a few days.
Regards ..... Gary

Welcome!

Lived in Gravesend from 0-38 years of age. Daughter still there at Riverview Park.

Early 70's I used to belong to the local CC for a few years when it was located at the back of Perry Street. Had some fun times then before my career took over and cycling disappeared in the rear view mirror.

Lake District now and not been back since 2003 - the town and surrounding area had changed a lot in a decade and I guess it has changed still further since then.

Enjoy the site.

Top Bottom