Good fettle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Contemplating taking the race-blades off ready for the commute this week,is it tempting fate? Forecast looks good here for the week though.
Saddle bags swapped over,batteries charging for the lights,just loading the mp3 player ready:biggrin:

Application of copter tape to the Pompino frame to stop hooks it hangs on scratching TT paint. Also to chainstays as my heel has taken the paint off the left chainstay on the other bike

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
New cassette today - old one came off like a dream, and I know it has never been off before. Like the old chainrings, not unduly worn - plenty of use left. Cleaned jockey wheels and cage, polished everything up, and relocated front changer as required by the smaller chainrings. Shortened and re-fitted chain, then re-re-fitted chain as I made my usual mistake of not threading it through the rear cage properly. Checked everything was tight, re-lubed the chain, and then a test ride - success - no problems job done!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errrm... picked up my new bike at dinner and so had 2 bikes at work today. Quick decision to ride the fixed home so took the pedals off the geared bike and moved them over to the fixed.

Nothing too ground breaking!! ;):biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Errrm... picked up my new bike at dinner and so had 2 bikes at work today. Quick decision to ride the fixed home so took the pedals off the geared bike and moved them over to the fixed.

Nothing too ground breaking!! ;):biggrin:
Seems to be a lot of new bike buying going on,it's giving me ideas:biggrin:
How is it Sh4rky?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
potsy said:
Seems to be a lot of new bike buying going on,it's giving me ideas:biggrin:
How is it Sh4rky?
Very nice. I need to adjust the saddle height a little I think, but still left a blazing trail all the way home (well, maybe it just felt like that!). ;)

Need to get used to reaching a good speed and not having any gear to shift too though... tried to shift up a few times! :sad::sad:

I must say that it's soooooo quiet too compared with my normal road bike which has a few creaks and also a rabid chipmunk free about its frame (front mudguard needs sorting out after I broke a bit off with the toe overlap).

Lovely jubbly! Shame about the colour scheme though... what were EBC thinking???? :biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sorted the overshifting on Gti Junior's Islabike - found the limit screw to be miles out..... how DID that happen?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
last night gave the Roubaix a quick once over knowing that I didn't need to as I cleaned it thoroughly Saturday morning.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Does sorting out my garage so I can do a good fettle count?

As long as there are bikes in the garage.

The Orange 5 is covered in mud right now, so a good fettle is planned for Wednesday night, and I hade two chainring and rock moments on Saturday so a fettle with a file will probably be needed.

BigSteev

added about 3/4 of a turn of tension to the spokes in the front wheel of the fixed. Tonight's fun shall be a complete clean and fettle of the Condor road bike following Sunday's 'Hell of the North', having done an initial wash on Sunday evening.

monnet

Guru
Replaced my cleats and tightened up the pedal release in anticipation of tonight's training ride.

I've now got a torque wrench - potentially dangerous to let me loose with such a thing but I can't help 'just checking' the torque is right on pretty much every hex bolt on the bikes now.

potsy

Rambler
Just got rid of about 1lb of gunk from my chain and cassette,bikes filthybut at least drive chain is nice and clean for commute tomorrow.
Adjusted angle of saddle slightly.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Decided it would be wise to also replace jockey wheels as well as changing cassette and chainrings - (I had fitted a new chain anyway very recently too). Ordered from 4spares, ebay, yesterday - received this am. Job done, all silky smooth.

Top Bottom