Good Greg Lemond article

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wasn't Lemond addressing his comments to Don Catlin (who was on the panel) rather than LA? Naturally Lance tried to shut him up, but it was perfectly valid for Lemond to have been there and to have asked the questions that he did.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I genuinely can't remember Chuffy - the Fredcast has the PC in full (audio) and an interview with Greg LeMond that happenned afterwards (audio) the latter covers some of the ground in the BikeRadar interview, and I wonder if the BR journo was present at the same time as David from the Fredcast.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Crackle said:
It was a top moment that. At the time I remember the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and me on the edge of my seat and even though now, I know he was cheating, it's still a top moment, how paradoxical is that :whistle:

Incidentally yenners, you get a better idea of power output if you know your time up a fixed length hill gradient. Saying that, remind me not to go riding with you without the aid of a tow rope :surrender:

Ive found its all in the ability to breaththroughyourarse!

:bicycle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Keith Oates said:
I thought that going to Armstrongs come back announcement to stir up trouble was 'sick' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I think was really sick was one of Armstrong's camp phoning Lemond and threatening to tell the world about the sexual abuse he suffered as a child if he didn't shut up.

I got back into cycling in 1989 after watching Lemond win the Tour that year. I watched him win it again in 1990 and I couldn't understand why his performance levels seemed to drop so quickly after that. I know that it was rumoured that he was suffering from lead poisoning after his hunting accident, but his relative decline coincided with what we now know was the start of the EPO era. I don't think that he was slowing down so much as the peloton was mysteriously speeding up. Lemond was a fantastic rider and I'm not surprised that he's pissed off at what has been going on in the sport and wants to do something about it.

ColinJ said:
What I think was really sick was one of Armstrong's camp phoning Lemond and threatening to tell the world about the sexual abuse he suffered as a child if he didn't shut up.
That was Landis' manager iirc, nothing to do with Armstrong. I mean, he's responsible for 9/11, the current banking collapse, the death of Diana and my ingrowing toenails, but he had nothing to do with that.

Top Bottom