Good Luck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To anyone tackling the Etape du Tour this weekend, particularly gezza of this parish.
I'm assuming that he will be sporting the CycleChat jersey as he crosses the line in first place - which will duly be featured in Le Cycle, Cyclopassion, CycleSport, Velo Magazine, CW, C+ and various other publications.:blush:
Good luck and fair weather to all.
:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I suppose there will be a good British contingent again this year, but it would be good to see a few CC jerseys in some of the cycling publications. Good luck to all who are taking part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update on gezza the intrepid cabbie - yesterday he climbed Col du Tourmalet, 31c temperaturexx(. And this afternoon (Saturday) called to say he had a puncture in his hotel room - and needed a bit of a talk through...

Must have been a sharp bit of carpet.
And the nerves are kicking in - as one might imagine. ;)

longers

Legendary Member
Oh dear ;). He'll be a bit miffed eh?

Has anyone got a link to the route they were doing please?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Update on gezza the intrepid cabbie - yesterday he climbed Col du Tourmalet, 31c temperaturexx(. And this afternoon (Saturday) called to say he had a puncture in his hotel room - and needed a bit of a talk through...

Must have been a sharp bit of carpet.
And the nerves are kicking in - as one might imagine. ;)

Do you think it was wise to do the Tourmalet the day before the etape. I think I'd have done an hour flattish and had a lie down.

yenrod

Aperitif said:
To anyone tackling the Etape du Tour this weekend, particularly gezza of this parish.
I'm assuming that he will be sporting the CycleChat jersey as he crosses the line in first place - which will duly be featured in Le Cycle, Cyclopassion, CycleSport, Velo Magazine, CW, C+ and various other publications.:smile:
Good luck and fair weather to all.
;)

You mean, whilst the wife is bringing you a nice cup of tea & biscuits you'll be relaxing back thinking of those POOR souls labouring over those 100 odd mls, metre after metre of kilojoule sapping gradients ! :blush:

yenrod said:
You mean, whilst the wife is bringing you a nice cup of tea & biscuits you'll be relaxing back thinking of those POOR souls labouring over those 100 odd mls, metre after metre of kilojoule sapping gradients ! :ohmy:

I'm with you on that one Yenners - solid toil for all!

It is possible. sure, given the attainment of a decent level of fitness...but it must be unforgiving, whatever the stage it happens to fall upon...

Top Bottom