Good luck!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Good luck all!
I have the week off aswell, so I share the blame for this weather. I was planning some serious mileage too:angry:

What a ride!!!

That was a most hair raising experience, though good fun at the same time. Took it very slow, got very wet, loved it!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well the wind in Bristol has calmed from its 4 am frenzy, and now just looks breezy, but its predicted to get worse again yet (hopefully after 9am:smile:).

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
dudi said:
so. 18:00 when I leave the office, the met are predicting 38mph winds in Ipswich... and SSW is almost a perfect headwind for me on the long flat, high-ground run home... nice workout...

Luckilly the large hill I climb is quite protected from the wind.

It'll be all over by thursday... and I dare say we're getting off quite lightly over here FFFF.

Just got in and it was a blast with a tailwind of SSE25, thats less than I was expecting with what they were forecasting last night. The ride home should be more of a challenge.

4F

Hey Dudi, the Orwell Bridge is closed so all the cagers have been diverted through the town centre hahahahahaha :evil:

So glad I decided to come in on the bike this morning rather than bottle out and use the cage :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fine up north (Manchester) - just breezy and some rain - a few gusts, but nothing to knock you off track - I think we are supposed to get something later (but then maybe not).

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Today's my day off, so I didn't have to ride. If I had been, I would have taken the upright, because covered wheels and a tailfairing could make for exciting handling in this much wind!

4F

BentMikey said:
Today's my day off, so I didn't have to ride. If I had been, I would have taken the upright, because covered wheels and a tailfairing could make for exciting handling in this much wind!

Hi Mikey, just reading about you in this months Cycling plus magazine,
45 miles a day commute ??

domtyler

Über Member
Was a tad breezy this morning, got a bit wet and was going about 5mph at times, riding at the edge of the road, then trapped there by traffic and was forced to ride straight through a small lake that had accumulated at the side of the road, got covered by some arse in a van that went ploughing straight through besides me. :evil:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm sure I put 42 miles, not 45? Aye, my legs are hurting today after the weekend's commuting, and also because I've been a bit lazy since Christmas.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bloody awful in Crewe at 6am this morning, so I bottled it and walked/took the train. Will be easier to carry my Lidl goodies home tonight, if nothing else :sad:

Top Bottom