Good morning from the Chilterns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BucksCS

Hi,
I just signed up yesterday, and am hoping to get some helpful input and advice and obviously will be very happy to contribute where possible.
I am semi-retired, living in the Chilterns and currently ride a hybrid bike (Boardman MX Comp). I have cycled on and off over the years and now find myself with more time to get out and enjoy the beautiful (and hilly) countryside around us. However I struggle with the hills so am starting to think about buying an electric-assisted bike so I will hopefully be active on the electric bike forum.
Looking forward to discussing with you and hopefully being able to make some contributions too :-).

steverob

Guru
Welcome to the forums!
As someone with the Chilterns on their doorstep, I do love the beautiful countryside that it brings, but have yet to be brought round to loving the hills that accompany it! I'll still tackle a few of them when I'm feeling up to it, but can certainly sympathise with the temptation for a bit of electric assistance...

OP
OP
B

BucksCS

Welcome to the forums!
As someone with the Chilterns on their doorstep, I do love the beautiful countryside that it brings, but have yet to be brought round to loving the hills that accompany it! I'll still tackle a few of them when I'm feeling up to it, but can certainly sympathise with the temptation for a bit of electric assistance...
Thank you! Likewise - I am circled by the hills but spend most of my cycling tIme skirting them on the flat which seems a shame. I have never been good on the hills but getting worse as I get older so just end up avoiding them. Hence the investigation into some assistance; I want to keep as light weight as possible (within a sensible budget) hence looking at Orbea Gain and Ribble. I certainly don't want/need one of the more powerful heavyweight options - I still want to enjoy as much "normal" cycling as possible. We'll see where the search goes!

Top Bottom