Good news from West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Given I've just had to report a driver forcing my son off the road and threatening him on his commute home today, whilst the passenger filmed it, it's about time.

Mind you the kind of mindless idiots that do close passes probably won't care, just like they've (probably) got tinted number plates with one in the front window and don't stop/signal. Yes I'm generalising but the driving standards in Dewsbury are currently utterly abysmal, apparently partly due to not having a police station open most of the time so there's no fear of being caught.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Operation Close Pass is the general name for these. There have been past threads, including a locked one. They seem good but I wait to hear whether our local one is having a measurable effect.

Milzy

Guru
Used to live in that hell hole. It’s full of knobbers. Could ride out 100 miles in the countryside no problems then realise how bad it was in the last few miles home.

Sixmile

Veteran
...just like they've (probably) got tinted number plates with one in the front window...

This does my nut in! If I'd my way it'd be an immediate driving ban. If a number plate fell off there would be residue on both car and plate, not a gleaming 'smoothed' front end with a spotlessly clean fly free plate, partially obscured behind the wipers.

Top Bottom