Good portuguese campsites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow7

Über Member
I reached the coast of Portugal a week ago and was assuming i'd find most campsites closed as I head south but found a good chain, Orbitur campsites and bungalows. 18 of their 23 sites are open all year round, I've added a pic for anyone looking at touring Portugal, of which I recommend.

Mark :thumbsup: wallisonwheels.com

IMG_0852.jpg

I reached the coast of Portugal a week ago and was assuming i'd find most campsites closed as I head south but found a good chain, Orbitur campsites and bungalows. 18 of their 23 sites are open all year round, I've added a pic for anyone looking at touring Portugal, of which I recommend.

Useful info. What were they generally charging?

OP
OP
Yellow7

Yellow7

Über Member
Three on the West coast were €6.25, ( €3.00 for tent and €3.25 / person). The one I'm at no nr Lagos (No' 21 ) was €7.35, so maybe they charge more on the South coast, rates are dearer in the peak season, though nothing excessive.

All have been clean, and have supermarkets,cafe's and resteraunts (closed now though). Main reason I like them uis they have good wifi connection in the TV / games room.

And if you like cats your ok, strays galore!!

Mark.

Three on the West coast were €6.25, ( €3.00 for tent and €3.25 / person). The one I'm at no nr Lagos (No' 21 ) was €7.35, so maybe they charge more on the South coast, rates are dearer in the peak season, though nothing excessive.

All have been clean, and have supermarkets,cafe's and resteraunts (closed now though). Main reason I like them uis they have good wifi connection in the TV / games room.

Mark.

I suppose the cats will be useful if the restaurants are shut, especially if you have your own stove.

Good stuff, they sound a lot cheaper than Spanish campsites.

Mark.

And this appears to be the website for the company...http://www.orbitur.pt/

OP
OP
Yellow7

Yellow7

Über Member
I found the spanish campsites to be similar price, only one was expensive at €19.00, most were €6.00, obviously out of season price but all clean, and with wifi...and cats

andym

Über Member
I found the spanish campsites to be similar price, only one was expensive at €19.00, most were €6.00, obviously out of season price but all clean, and with wifi...and cats

Your prices were, presumably for Estremadura. There must be regional differences- my experience in Andalusia was that you were normally looking at 12€ - swimming pools etc came as standard, so they weren't expensive compared with sites in other countries with a similar level of facilities. WiFi was hit and miss with some sites having it for free and other sites offering an expensive card.

I have a hole in my inner tent where a cat chewed it's way through to get to a chorizo sausage that I had stupidly left where it was smell-able.

TrevorM

Mark :thumbsup: wallisonwheels.com

Very useful info as I'm thinking of Portugal off-season next year.
Been following your trip with interest as I lived in South Africa for a few years and was back there in Feb this year.
Also from your map it looks like you are in the Lagos/Luz area which has been our holiday spot for the last few years. There's a nice South African restuarant in Luz but I think it closes from November so you would need to be quick. Good luck with the African stage.

OP
OP
Yellow7

Yellow7

Über Member
Yes Trevor, i'm in the Orbitur campground at Luz. I cook my own tucka though to keep cost's low, time to pop to the Intermarche in Lagos for supplies (or the Spar in town if the grey clouds persist)!!

Mark.

Top Bottom