Good propstand for touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fandango

I have tried a couple of propstands, neither of which are great. I noticed that Mark Beaumont used a rear mounted one with panniers, so I emailed him and asked what it was but he didn't write back, even though I bought his book, the bugger!

I currently have http://www.raleigh.co.uk/p_details.aspx?id=1600 which takes the weight fine, but raises the bike too high causing the front wheel, with panniers, to flap around. What would be ideal, if there is such a thing, is a normal propstand that could take the weight. Any experience or ideas?

OP
OP
Fandango

Fandango

That would help I think, combined with a normal propstand, but the front wheel only tends to swing around because the stand I use brings it off the ground. It would be better to find a one stand option if possible that kept both wheels on the ground, such as a normal kickstand that could take the weight. Any ideas?

Yes I was thinking of the click-stand to mention but couldn't remember the name - thanks for the link! Being able to prop a bike in a tent is particularly neat. Guess you'd need something flat to spread the point load.

OP
OP
Fandango

Fandango

That stand does look good, but it also looks a faff option. Is there not a standard kick type propstand that will handle a fully loaded bike?

Top Bottom