Good puncture proof tyres 23"??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
WTF..... Mich Pro Race 3's....... £22 in light blue/Bianchi colours..£28 if you want Red....from Decathlon............good job I don't need either.......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I really don't know why folks think Marathon Plus Tyres are good.....heavy, none responsive, might be P..proof... orrible addition to a bike.....

I'd say try a good fast tyre for a while...... been there.....done it......

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:
I really don't know why folks think Marathon Plus Tyres are good.....heavy, none responsive, might be P..proof... orrible addition to a bike.....

Maybe the fact that that as a commuting tyre they are virtually puncture proof. 3000 miles and counting now :evil:

fossyant said:

Personal anaysis - I used to repair 3 -4 catastrophic deflations of my annular suspension devices on the Brompton (especially rear wheels) I now don't have a problem.

In my case the "loss of performance" is more than made up for by gaining the time spent at the roadside in the dark and rain mending the deflation.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Cunobelin said:
Personal anaysis - I used to repair 3 -4 catastrophic deflations of my annular suspension devices on the Brompton (especially rear wheels) I now don't have a problem.

In my case the "loss of performance" is more than made up for by gaining the time spent at the roadside in the dark and rain mending the deflation.

and that's the winning answer :evil:

jimboalee

Cunobelin said:

"Pride comes before a fall" & "Don't count your chickens..."

In another thread, I said "On the whole, cyclists aren't hated" and the very same afternoon, three hours later, I found some B had knocked a nail in my car tyre where I park it to cycle commute to work.

NEVER say "I rarely get a P******e."

rich p

ridiculous old lush

4000 winter miles on Conti Ultra Gatorskin (folding) on both my fixed and road bike, 1 puncture and that was glass and nothing would have stopped it, best winter/all season tyre I've used and cheap too (relatively). Used them for racing at Hog Hill too, and they held their line perfectly.

Very impressed with their weight, rolling resistance, grip and as they still look like new life span, they tick all my boxes

Top Bottom