Good reads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samid

Guru
Prompted by a mention of Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance in another thread, I thought I'd ask for recommendations for a good book to read on a solo tour? or put differently, what books have you taken on your tours and liked?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Moby Dick by Herman Melville.

The gretest adventure story of all, it will make you pedal faster so you have more time to read.

mike1026

Don't take one book take several!
Use something like mobipocket and download any book that takes your fancy.
There are numerous free sites like Project Gutenburg where you can download over 28,000 books including Moby Dick. On my PDA I have 15 books at the moment, including the 'Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire' by Edward Gibbon; now I would hate to have to carry the hard back version of that book around with me.
Downside is that it is not easy to read in sunlight; upside, great in the dark!
I use a wind and solar charger to keep the PDA charged and also get a phone and internet access with it.

andym

Über Member
Mike

I'm also a fan of eBooks and Project Gutenberg. although usually after a day's touring I don't have the energy to read.

What wind charger are you using?

Alan H said:
Good choice, let the dice decide where you go every morning.

Might not work too well on your neighbour's wife! :ohmy: :biggrin: (His first roll of the dice).

Haitch

Flim Flormally
1 I will follow red cars all day
2 I will not take a right turn
3 I will catch the wheel of every cyclist I see
4 I will go up every hill on the route
5 I will head northeast
6 I will stay in bed and finish reading this book

Haitch

Flim Flormally
samid said:
Alan - what if there are no red cars around?

You just stand at the campsite gate, in your cagoule, rain dripping off your nose, until you can throw again. The dice make the decisions.

Top Bottom