Good service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well at the moment Royal Mail,Play.com and Amazon are really on the ball.Orders arriving in really good time.Thought i wou;d offer up praise.We are quick to complain.Well done to all.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well at the moment Royal Mail,Play.com and Amazon are really on the ball.Orders arriving in really good time.Thought i wou;d offer up praise.We are quick to complain.Well done to all.

Royal Mail do do a good job. I know you worked for them, but it's a highly variable service (unfortunately). One of my friends was impressed he had Harry Potter arrive on time at this time of year until he reckoned he'd found out it was deliberately shipped a week ago.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
The wife has a paypal account and she does all the ordering for all of us here.My item a boxed set of Dad's Army was sent out on the 3rd and delivered at 15-00 this afternoon.Not bad going.
But last year our delivery office got some bad local press in the Yorkshire Evening Post.I think a postie dropped a little info to the press.About a backlog.

Couriers are their normal crap service!

I never use couriers, but the site hadn't made it apparent that they did so

I therefore had a delivery note in my door.

Can I pick it up tomorrow - no it's still on the van, and will be delivered tomorrow

But there is no-one there and I am in Southampton tomorrow

No -we have to redeliver to he original address

So I can't change tomorrow's delivery address

No

Can you deliver it on Saturday

No that's a premium service - you can pick it up on Saturday

But that is a 45 mile cycle ride or bus fares to Southampton, and I am there tomorrow

It's on the van you can't collect tomorrow

Can you deliver to my work address.....

Yes but it may not be until the evening

But My department closes at 4:30

We can't guarantee delivery during working hours

So I can't collect it, I can't alter the address, and you a going to deliver to a house you know is empty.... or I can make the purchase financially unattractive by paying a premium rate, or make an expensive journey (more than the saving I have made by Internet purchasing), cycle 45 miles to collect or I have to do several hours of overtime to make sure I am at work when it is delivered

Yes

Return to sender then!

Returned to sender and order cancelled.yet again reinforced why I will not use couriers

Mozzy

Yes, fair play to Parcelforce 48. Posted a XXXXXXX (just in case Daughter reads this) large parcel £22.71 from here in Somerset at 1400 hours and it arrived in Lincoln first thing the following morning. Excellent service and not a sign of any damage to the outside.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Little postal van delivered again yesterday around 15-00.What i could not understand was the size if the packet.I was a delivery postie for eleven years and we had to carry things that size.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It varies. We have a real problem with posties sticking those 'sorry you weren't here' cards thru' the letterbox then doing a runner, leaving you to have to go pickup from their office. More than once I've pursued one down the street. They're always very sheepish. But it doesn't stop them doing it again...

I've taken to using UPS, booked thru' Interparcel. It's about a tenner for most things, and they pick up and deliver unfailingly. The only downside is that they can only confirm a date, not a time. So it only works if people at both ends can be there all day.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Royal Mail is very variable. Where I live you get a card through your door if you are out, and it is back in the sorting office a couple of hours later (only 1 mile from me, so easy to collect). If I am expecting something and know I will be out, I can even phone them and they won't take it out on the van but keep it in the sorting office for me to pick up as I pass. :thumbsup:

In Bristol the card through the door days you have to wait 48 hours before going to collect it! That office is also only 1 mile away from where I stay in Bristol, so collecting something urgent would be a much better option than arranging redelivery and having to wait in. But not having to wait 48 hours! :banghead: And one time they had a next day delivery for me they lost it!

BSRU

A Human Being
Well just to prove me wrong a first class parcel from Rochdale posted yesterday arrived this morning.

Top Bottom