1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good track pump for around £20??

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by dazzawazza, 6 Aug 2007.

1. dazzawazza

dazzawazza New Member

My £10 Asda track pump exploded this morning so I need to get a reliable fast pump for around the £20 mark. My old pump was always a pain with Presta valves as it took several attempts to attach without leaking, so I want a pump very compatible to Presta. I keep both my bikes at 120psi.

I've been looking at the Chain Reaction selection:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=262

Thanks

2. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

The Joe Blow one is good - probably worth stretching the extra £6 for as it will last you forever. Can't believe how much the price has gone up - I got it 2 years ago for £20.

Maybe try Ebay too?

ps you can use the wee earth logo with a chain link on it above to make a url a link. pretty handy.

3. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

I got a joe blow from crc last year, reduced to £20 - really happy with it!

4. OP
    OP
    dazzawazza

dazzawazza New Member

Does the Top Peak Joe Blow Sport for £26.99 still have problems with the tube cracking over time?

5. Tetedelacourse

not in my experience - but then only 2 yrs and counting. not heard a bad review of them though

6. barq

barq Senior Member

Mine is about four years old and still ok.

7. OP
    OP
    dazzawazza

dazzawazza New Member

Thanks I'm ordering one now.

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

120psi?

is that dinky racer tyres?

I do believe in hard tyres but I'm still on the air the bike came with and LBS advised 80psi, hybrid with thinnish tyres

9. OP
    OP
    dazzawazza

dazzawazza New Member

My Allez has 700 x 23c Spec Mondos and the MTB commuter has 26x1.0" Spec All Condition Pros. About once a week I top up both sets to 120psi.

10. sjb

sjb New Member

Anyone got a Decathlon 7000 Track pump? looking at one today for £21, looked pretty good (metal body, guage etc) but would appreciate a review if anyone out there has one....

Ta

11. Tetedelacourse

I have same road bike. Crackin for me. But different tyres - the Mondos disintegrate in wintertime no matter how hard you pump them. WHEN that happens:sad:, this might be of use!

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1467

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i got a wrench force from harry hall about six years ago (cost £25). brilliant, has schrader and presta and guage goes up to 120psi. still going the business with no degredation of the casing or anything.

13. FazTheWookie

FazTheWookie Well-Known Member

14. Dug

Dug New Member

the decathlon pumps always seem to be falling apart in the shops - maybe because people are touching them all day long. I'd get a joe blow sport all the time and nerver look back. Or for a portable pump a Road morph is excellent. I can get my tyres up to 120psi easily with it.

15. craigwend

craigwend Grimpeur des Holderness

Amazingly my halfords bike hut £25 has been superb