Good Useful Websites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm told uBlock Origin is an alternative.
I tried that for a few weeks. It seems overly paranoid. Some links from here appear to go through an ad server and uBlock Origin complains and blocks the link. It's easy to get around either temporally for that link or permanently but it seems to be a faff. It blocks some Google domains too and I've heard about some other annoying behaviour. Steve Gibson loves uBlock Origin and that's a pretty good recommendation for it. He calls it a HTML firewall and uses it in advanced mode.

I think uBlock Origin is great if you want to block tracking and ads and want to really get stuck in in advanced mode but for just blocking a few of the more annoying ads I find AdBlock Plus very easy to use and more than capable.

SD1

Am I the only one that gets Natures Menu adverts no matter what site I am on? That includes this site if I am not logged in. EBay is even trying to sell me Natures Menu. Dog loves ot but it isn't encouraging me to buy again. As it is just annoying. I WANT DIFFERENT ADVERTS.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Search for something you do want a few times. The ads will soon start appearing!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The best browser I have used on Android phones and tablets is Dolphin. Well worth a free download to check it out.
I also use Dolphin Zero for visiting sites I'm buying stuff from or not on regularly as it shreds cookies cache and history when it is shut down.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Thanks for this!!!

Feels like I have my internet back. My laptop don't seem to like those animated or flashy adverts that are becoming too common, no it just zipps likes a 20mb connection should.

Of course those 'flashy adverts' also need to be downloaded so they take bandwidth as well as screen space.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last

Top Bottom