Goodbye 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
And to a certain extent, good riddance!:ohmy:

One of the wettest years in living memory. We've seen countless floods, water damage everywhere and a water table which is now extremely high.

Booked a decent break through Christmas early on in the year not knowing the weather would be this attrocious. For the past few days we have had wind whistling down the chimney, horizontal rain. In general, pretty miserable conditions. My time off work has been mainly spent confined to barracks, only venturing out when needed.
My bike hasn't turned a wheel for a few weeks now. I seriously hope the New Year brings better weather. We'll probably have the snow and ice to contend with next I imagine! :angry:

Enough moaning, Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all get the miles in next year!:bicycle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
2012's been a wonderful year for me. I'm engaged to a wonderful man, we've made progress on the house, which is progress towards me moving in, and I've made the first tentative steps in my own little business venture, which I hope will be at least a partial living one day.

Yeah, it rained a fair bit. But with NT stuck on the sofa with his ruptured tendon for half the summer, we hardly noticed. I've done virtually no cycling beyond commuting, but I've learned to plaster, and a lot of stuff about house renovation!

TVC

2012 has been a bit frustrating weather wise, we didn't get out and about in the hills as much as we had planned. Overall we've been healthy, and there is more money in the bank than this time last year, so a satisfying but not remarkable year.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit yes weather has been fun but i have still managed to commute by bike most days when poss .

otherwise its been a good one for me , but it has also been a testing one

martint235

Dog on a bike
I had a pretty good 2012 to be honest. New job that I love, new commute that needs a bit of tweaking but is ok. Loads of cycling until I lost my mojo around October time but to be fair that was likely down to riding a century every other week on top of commuting.

So here's to 2013 and many more miles.

defy-one

2012 has been a good year for the defy family. Everyone stayed well and healthy. I made great strides with my weight loss & rediscovered cycling.
I hope for more of the same in 2013.

I wish you and those close to you a happy & healthy year :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This rain would have done my head in, had I not had the perfect excuse for not going out in it! :thumbsup:

Get thee hence, 2012, and let's get on with a healthier, wealthier, happier, fitter and drier 2013!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A bit up and down for us.
This time last year we were homeless so being in our mobile home now is fab, although it was a bit grim to start with.
We got new bikes each this year and started a new business grooming dogs and walking them, which is picking up so might well support us by the end of 2013. Its a business model that worked brilliantly when we lived in Staffordshire for a few years so we have reasonable hopes.
We have been fed up with the weather though. When we got some sunny weather we made the most of it but its been very wet and neither of us are keen on the wet. We don't mind the cold, just the wet so we have barely turned a wheel this month, we've got out about 3 times this month which is shocking.
In 2013 hubby will be back on dialysis so I am kind of hanging on to the remainder of this year while we still have a 'normal' life.

Happy New Year all.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The weather has played a significant part in my year so it can't be ignored. I took an extended career break to slash the number of Munros needed to climb and that was excellent but again, the weather was mad. Initially, believe it or not about the North West of Scotland, it was too dry. Much much too dry. All the groundwater had evaporated leaving no possibility to replenish stocks on the longer routes and I'm certain that's what started off a new bout of renal colic. And then someone turned on the big tap. And then drafted in another one and turned that on as well.

But then I had three visits to that new Wembley (two wins and an un-win), a stupendously beautiful grandson, a ride with Bradley Wiggins, the 212 house-buidling project on my doorstep to be finally rejected and two new jobs to juggle and do before a final decision to be made. And the HUGELY gratifying news of the authorities finally admitting what we'd all known for 23 years and the uncovering of the lies and corruption that covered up the truth about 96 people suffocating to death in the open air.

2012 has indeed been a very significant year for me.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Been a good year overall. 2,600 miles of cycling. Great cycle tour along the Danube.

Had my last weigh in of the year at Slimming World. Five pounds short of four stones lost. Pie muching and fry ups probably accounted for more than the five pounds.....

No regrets.

jai

good luck saluki...I guess we could all do with a yr like defy-one
I'm with the 'up and down' mob,

Top Bottom