Goodbye Marley.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We often look after a neighbours dog called Marley. He is a real character and loves coming out in the car for walks on the beach.

He wasnt quite right the other day. He was only half a tin of beans. While I was stroking him I found a couple of lumps near his neck. Tests have been done and he has an aggressive form of cancer. The vet is coming to put him down tomorrow

He has just been for his last visit. Its a shock and terribly sad that things have happened so fast. He has been great company. Jannie and I have been considering a dog for a long time but this makes us take a step back.
IMG_20190523_195105.jpg

I cant like that post :sad::sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We often look after a neighbours dog called Marley. He is a real character and loves coming out in the car for walks on the beach.

He wasnt quite right the other day. He was only half a tin of beans. While I was stroking him I found a couple of lumps near his neck. Tests have been done and he has an aggressive form of cancer. The vet is coming to put him down tomorrow

He has just been for his last visit. Its a shock and terribly sad that things have happened so fast. He has been great company. Jannie and I have been considering a dog for a long time but this makes us take a step back. View attachment 467679
Very often the way with dogs, My beloved Sabor was fit as a fiddle one day and within 10 days had to be relieved of his abject misery and pain, still miss my lad.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That’s sad, I love dogs, breaks me heart when I hear or read of one being let go. Don’t let that put you off getting one though, the right dog will bring you years of unreasonable joy. We’ve got three.

tom73

Guru
Oh man that’s crap for sure he’s looks a great dog. Had to have a moment reading your post we lost our dog a few months ago they sure leave a hole when they go.
:hugs:

tom73

Guru
Following on from last post yes it's hard and painful when you have to say goodbye. But to back up what others have said don't be put off if you can give a dog a great home , life and buckets of love. Then what you get back will make it all worth any sadness.
Just take your time you will know when it's right and if you feel you still want a furry friend in your life then go for it.

Katherine

Guru
@steveindenmark, So sorry to hear that. Marley was lucky to have you guys to look after him as well as his owners.
I like the lovely photo. Lots of memories for you to treasure.
It does sound like you would would be great owners if you decide to get your own dog one day.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Having been through the same thing several times I can empathise with you. You know you are doing the right thing, but it doesn't make it any easier. .

Top Bottom