Goodbye Xmas Yorkshire Pudding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Eat the Christmas Pudding you'll have 8 days to get it out of your system.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
That looks a great route. Right up my alley. Hubster was born and raised around there and knows it well. He said he wouldn't mind that route himself. In the summer though, when it's warmer :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mrs Kes and I have just signed up for this one on the 3rd January... Nowt like starting the Audax year early.http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-611/

* technically the audax year's already started; I've a 200 in the bank from this month. Just need a 300, 400 and a 600 for my SR. But anyway ...

I did a 25 mile TT along part of that route earlier this year.

And I'm intending riding GCYP as well ...

... just maybe a tad slower. Without the TT helmet. Or the skinsuit. And maybe on a different bike.

We have just sent off our entries for this one.
It will be our first Audax - at last! We had planned to ride a local one from Ludford in September but Alison had to have some abdominal surgery, which took out possible oct and nov rides too.

We fully expect to occupy the LR positions here, we have ridden further and also in January, but our rides of this sort of distance tend to be more leisurely paced with longer breaks, than the time constraints of Audax.

Looking forward to starting our Audax campaign though.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Just a little concerned about the amount of climbing involved....Not sure I'll be able to handle such extreme elevation changes. :laugh:
:rofl: I can hardly ride to the shops and back with elevation like that ! :rofl:

Colin, the gpx file sent out by the organiser gives a different distance to the one linked from the AUK page to ridewithgps. Although we think that still gives a discrepancy!
We will see.

DCLane we will be on our Galaxy's as per the pic herewith. Do try to say hello at the start - that is likely to be the only time we will see you!

We think we are ready and, while Alison is a little nervous, we are really looking forward to our first taste of Audax, even if it seems likely to have a soggy finale.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Didn't miss the rain.. Could have done with a canoe for the last 15K.

Not helped by the fact that after getting back to the cafe found it was only 95K. Had to ride round the industrial estates a couple of times in order to do the ton...

Nice timing though. As I was pulling into the carpark at the end, rear mech hanger decided to disintegrate and mech tried to climb through the wheel. No real damage but a pita.

Top Bottom