Goodbye!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
After 6 years of faithfull service in the hands of driver learners, and 133500 miles, the clucth on my car has decided to retire and is now beginning to slip. A new one will be fitted next monday. I knew it would come eventually but it is never the right time is it? Still, must not grumble for the mileage, my wife's car went after 95000 and no-one else drive it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was expecting some sort of flounce, but
Wow, that's not bad for a load of L platers who ride the clutch and kangeroo down the street

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If its one of the later 'transverse' engine ones (93-95) I'd get it done as the flywheel is F^£%&*g dear, the older ones with the SAAB engine go on for a lonnnng while (engine in-line)

KneesUp

Guru
Well done that clutch!

I could smell clutch if I booted my Alfa diesel from about 70,000 miles. I sold it with 130,000 miles. It never got beyond the 'you can smell it a bit' stage. Strange.

One of the features that persuaded me to buy a Picasso despite it looking like a model turd made by a four year old is that it has a single mass flywheel rather than your modern dual mass "It needs to be changed with the clutch, Sir, and it's £600" jobs.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
£600 for a dual mass flywheel and clutch.....I wish!

£740 for my Pug 407 1.6 HDI and that was not main dealer price!

Top Bottom