1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google maps on your mobile

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 27 Jul 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I cant get them because I am on T Mobile but I thought it was a neat thing to have if you are on Vodaphone

http://www.google.co.uk/gmm/index.html

Jus tthought i'd post it up in case it might help anyone who can't afford a gps...or an OS map;):thumbsup:

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'm on Virgin, which is T-Mobile, and have Google Maps. And prior to this contract I was on T-Mobile, and it still worked.

Why can't you get them?

They are great if you don't want to lump an AtoZ around on your bike.

3. Bigtallfatbloke

...well to honest I just saw that the site said Vodaphone and assumed it wouldnt work on T mobile...I will try to find the phone and give it a try.

..edit:

..well I got nowhere...my phone told me to suscribe to gprs whatever that is...I am guessing it means I am not connected to the internet on my phone (technophobe alert)...

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

You don't need GPS to get it onto your phone. You can just have it there as a map.

When I downloaded it I just put the address into my phone as it tells you to and it worked.

5. donnylad

donnylad Well-Known Member

General Packet Radio Service…… it,s the 2g system. Gps is global positioning satalite .
    I think, sorry about the spelling :thumbsup:

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

7. Bigtallfatbloke

..well whatever it is it is not working on my phone. I got the text with a url but I get no further...I just have a BASIC pay as i go card top up jobby...maybe that is why...

8. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

won't work with o2 pay as you go either. would have been nice to have it as a back up.