Google maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclelover1997

Hi all, another funny post again, I posted a location in google maps and got this come up. Also as a cyclist can I ride in bus lane. Sorry again for my stupid questions .

Cyclelover

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 32

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
That just means that the route that google maps has chosen is not perfect, there may be sections that aren't very good for cycling so just use your own discretion. I might be wrong, but I think it depends on the bus lane. If it's signposted with a bus and bike shown like the ones round here, you can ride on it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Most bus lanes you can, as above just look for the sign detailing when the bus lane is in use and who can use it - usually blue.

One of the routes google tried to send me was into a path with steps disappearing into thick looking over growth... I decided to ignore it and take road at that point!
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg

Also as a cyclist can I ride in bus lane.
As far as I know, it varies according to the wording of the specific Traffic Regulation Order made by the local council. There are bus-and-cycle-(and-*******-taxi) lanes in Leeds. There are also (or maybe were?) a couple of definitively "bus-only" lanes. Generally clear from the signage. "Buses Only" - big clue ^_^.

Top Bottom