Google streetview oddity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.121...4!1sSPBX6CdXw48BJufbN2Ukjw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Helwith Bridge, you can see the streetview, moving towards the junction, if you then try to turn right to settle, or left up to horton in ribblesdale, streetview seems to disappear (well does for me on a chromebook).

Everything just seems to go black

Am pretty sure it was there recently, and that road in both directions B6479 is marked in blue, which would usually indicate that streetview is available.

What's all this about?
spookiness?

(in case anyone wondering i was going to post the location of a shelter i recently retreated to in pouring rain, along with a pic, for the bike/shelter photo thread)

jay clock

Massive member
They clearly filmed it at night, hence it is pitch dark..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Interesting... if you pan the dark images around in both cases you can see a blurred line of light. That may well be light leaking round some sort of camera cover. It shows that it isn't that somebody accidentally deleted the images or forgot to upload them!

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Must be a very recent bungle. I checked only 2 to 3 weeks ago and all was fine _ didn't imagine it as i found the shelter (just after the right turn)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's not unusual for Google maps to be wrong. I know several instances near home where the Google road name is different to the actual name on roadside signs.

I've found some of the road naming on Google maps to be a bit iffy.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's only the 2016 images that are black for me. The other dated versions work fine

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It's not unusual for Google maps to be wrong. I know several instances near home where the Google road name is different to the actual name on roadside signs.
Interesting point paul tho the thread is about streetview.
Google maps also poor at showing some stations while telling you about chicken shops and oddball businesses you will never need in a million years.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A few years ago the Google car got a shot of a lady, er, attending to a gentleman in a narrow street sandwiched between two viaducts behind Manchester Piccadilly station. Some wag at Google changed the name of the street to Handjob Street.

Top Bottom