GoPro as a Headcam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You turned left onto that road when there was a car right there. You must have seen it. Why would you do that?
He was going slow and there was plenty of room.

I have a GoPro Hero 3 silver edition. I haven't used it anywhere as much as I was planning to this year but plan to rectify that next summer :smile: I'm like you; I plan to make scenic videos from the footage I record.

When I first got my GoPro in April I was using it on my commutes, just to get used to the different settings, and found the footage to be very jerky indeed; so much so I wasn't at all happy with it. A couple of months later GoPro bought out some updates which I downloaded to my hero 3; after that the footage wasn't jerky & I was happy with it.

Here's some footage I recorded back in the summer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmr8tDzm-E

I tried it as a headcam and it was fine just a little conspicuous especially when compared to a Contour.

That is why I like it....

Yesterday I was at a set of lights and a car pulled alongside revving away on my right signalling to turn left. As there was only about 20 feet to the junction this was obviously going to be a left hook

Gain eye contact point to camera and wink!

Then watch the thought process as they realise they will be recorded and change their minds

MikeW-71

Veteran
My Hero HD (1st gen) on 720p mode has run for 3 hours non-stop. 2.5hrs on 1080p mode. A 16Gb card will have more storage than battery life.

RWright

Guru
I had been thinking about getting one but had sort of put the idea out of my head. Friday morning (Black Friday) one of my friends started sending me links to ads for them. I ended up ordering one. :rolleyes: I got a Hero3 Black, two backup batteries with charger and a Sandisk Extreme 32 GB memory card for just under $300, tax and delivery included. I just hope I will use it some. Time to go out and bait some drivers.

Just kidding about the baiting part.^_^

Maybe something involving a large ramp might be cool. ;)

BSRU

A Human Being
That is why I like it....

Yesterday I was at a set of lights and a car pulled alongside revving away on my right signalling to turn left. As there was only about 20 feet to the junction this was obviously going to be a left hook

Gain eye contact point to camera and wink!

Then watch the thought process as they realise they will be recorded and change their minds
The Sony is better for that as it is camera shaped and has Sony written on it:tongue:

Top Bottom