Gorilla Glue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
A few thoughts on the original Gorilla Glue.

Gorilla glue is made from polyurethane, so expands during curing, so it's a strange glue. It's become popular due to a lot of promotion/advertising.

When you glue two surfaces together with the stuff, after curing you get a layer of polyurethane foam between the surfaces. Not really what you need in most situations, IMHO.

94548.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
if it sticks things together, does it matter?

newts

Veteran
Gorilla also make a pva glue.
Horses for courses with glues & adhesives.
Polyurethane would be used for its gap filling properties where tight fitting parts is not possible.
Laminated timber beams would be a common example.
Don't forget it sticks like s**t to a blanket with everything it come into contact with, including hands :whistle:

Last edited:
You have to clamp bits together tightly to get max strength joint. I have used a fair amount. I cant recall if I used gorilla or pva on a plant pot stand that fell apart after 1 year outside.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If I remember rightly, you're supposed to trim the excess that oozes out of the join before it's cured fully.
Good glue, tbh.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If I remember rightly, you're supposed to trim the excess that oozes out of the join before it's cured fully.
Good glue, tbh.
My dad told me to use gorilla glue for the cap-stone on his gate post after the cement bond failed. A few weeks later he reversed the car into the gatepost and sent the whole thing toping... but the capstone remained firmly in place... so I gorilla glued the bricks back together :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My dad told me to use gorilla glue for the cap-stone on his gate post after the cement bond failed. A few weeks later he reversed the car into the gatepost and sent the whole thing toping... but the capstone remained firmly in place... so I gorilla glued the bricks back together :okay:
The second time that he reversed into it, you used Gorilla Glue to glue the car back together! :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It has worked for strings of solar powered LEDs I fitted to the edge of some block paving, to define a raised edge.
I previously used 2 part epoxy resin, but after a few months they would start start to detach. I cut off the old epoxy and Gorilla glued them last Spring. The LEDs are still firmly fixed to the paving.

Top Bottom