Gorilla Glue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Does anyone have a tip on how to stop an opened tube of super glue solidifying to the point of being useless?

I must have thrown away a thousand times more than I've actually used!
Small screw top jar or air tight bag, and some silica Gel. The sort that comes in the small packets, and often just thrown away

You need to stick something over your nose too, it’s pretty unpleasant stuff.
I have not noticed that

Never had much luck with super glues, they are too brittle and crack off sideways.
this one is a little different. I also don't use the glued objects right away. I give them a day or two to fully cure. this stuff will fills small voids. I can add some afterwards around edges increasing strength. it works on tiny rubber tire flaps that are not structural or dangerous, just annoying. I always tried to rough up the surfaces before using it. but yeah, I agree it's not the best choice for some things. for example I like a 2 part expoxy black/white that comes in old fashioned plastic film cans call PC7. I think another brand makes the same stuff. it's water proof, fills in voids & you can cut/sand it like plastic after it's fully cured. I 1st used it for wet parts in an E6 film processor

Mike_P

Guru
Also with superglues it's best to toughen the surfaces that are being glued and have bottle of acetone nail varnish remover to hand just in case you need to remove any from your fingers.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Back to the original Gorilla Glue.

Polyurethane expands, so using it as a glue to adhere the surfaces close together was a complete failure, even when I clamped the two surfaces together with a G clamp.

Top Bottom