Got a bad feeling about this one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

I just followed a link to the http://www.findthatbike.co.uk site

Just did a nosey on the model of my bike, and one came up, in very bad condition, and listed with some very dubious and vague numbers in respect to the frame and wheel sizes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/giant-ocr...geo=1&clk_rvr_id=523500411129&vectorid=229508

I took a look at the vendors other previously listed stuff, and it reads like the contents of multiple garden shed raids :sad: , loads and loads of individual listings of various bike bits and lawn mowers.

I know I'm probably a bit paranoid now as I've been turned over myself, but my stolen bike also turned up on Ebay in the same search using that site.

So do we sit on our hands as anyone who buys stuff like this just perpetuates the problem ? :sad:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think he is more of a scrap dealer than a bike thief. He has all sorts of bits of metal on his site.

He sold 8 bikes for £51. Not worth the effort of getting caught if you a stealing them from sheds. Maybe the iffy details about the bike is because he knows nothing about bikes. The rest of the items they sell is coutume jewellery, cuddy toys etc.

Ask him where he gets all his bikes from. I am pretty sure he will tell you.

Steve

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I think he is more of a scrap dealer than a bike thief. He has all sorts of bits of metal on his site.

He sold 8 bikes for £51. Not worth the effort of getting caught if you a stealing them from sheds. Maybe the iffy details about the bike is because he knows nothing about bikes. The rest of the items they sell is coutume jewellery, cuddy toys etc.

Ask him where he gets all his bikes from. I am pretty sure he will tell you.

Steve
The bike has 105 and ultegra parts on it. You don't wreck bike like this by using them as pub bikes. It isn't an argos special :sad:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I commuted on a pinerello dogma for a couple of years which also included trips down canal tow paths, and it was used as a pub/beater/pop to the shops bike for a long time. The reason behind this is that I hated the damn thing, it was a horrid bike IMHO and one which I never should have purchased, I never cared for the bike.
I actually saw a picture of this very bike on a forum thread (different forum) locked up outside tesco. This thread was debating if the bike was stolen, the owner knew what he had, if it was a chinerello among other things, and pointing out that I deserved to be shot for using a cafe lock on such a bike.
It never crossed peoples mind that I simply did not care one little bit about it and abused it above the bikes I cared for and enjoy and nobody asked me.. This bike had DuraAce groupset and DuraAce wheelset.
So there are reasonable specification bikes being used for multiple of purposes and possibly abused depending upon your viewpoint. However just just because you see them as being too good, it does not mean the owner feels the same way.

I sold it in the end, looking back I'm surprised it never got stolen as I gave the world many an opportunity.. lol

Top Bottom