Got a wasp trapped in my top this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
...and he clearly wasn't very happy about it.

Got me about three or four times before I got him out.

14199319_10153683334166021_7758281022011344241_n.jpg

14192541_10153683337281021_2832623857886108712_n.jpg

Bicarb for bees

Winegar for wasps

keithmac

Guru
I was in the back garden a few summers back, wasp kept buzzing around my kids causing mayhem and then finally landed on a laurel bush leaf.

I went to give it a boot (in flip-flops) and it got stuck between my foot and the flip-flop, same as you it wasn't very happy about that and stung me a fair few times before escaping.

The was no sympathy from the family..

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I hope no wasps were harmed in this unfortunate incident.

chris folder

Hi :hello: looks a nasty sting do a wasp leave his stinger behind like a bee? I dont see wasp like used to years ago wasps used to bug people everywhere I have just seen around 4 wasps this year

macp

Guru
Feel for your man have had one or two bounce off me recently and wondered how painful it would be if they got trapped someplace

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
i got one stuck between chinstrap and cheek once -i had a desperate dan chin by the time i got home !
I swell up like a balloon so you can imagine how I felt, 30 hilly miles from home, when a wasp seeing me on my throat a few years ago! Luckily someone had anti-histamine cream with them: I now always carry a tube with me.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I was wearing sunnies this morning and a wasp or bumble bee bounced off them. Had I not been wearing them, it would have gone in my eye.

@coffeejo - I have a fair amount of difficulty breathing through my nose while exercising (I'm sure I must look very attractive as a mouth breather), so have to take big gulps of air in through my mouth. I've swallowed a few flies in my time, but been lucky enough for it not to be a wasp. I do seem to react quite badly to stings, but never thought to take anti histamine out with me.

Top Bottom