Got gloves on and still my fingers are ice cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

How can I get my gloves warmer? I dont really want to go down the electric toasty glove route unless i have to...and I'd like to do this for free if poss. I tried wearing my summe rgloves inside the winter gloves but they wouldnt fit. I already have XXXXXXXXXL size hands so wearing a bigger pair over the top isnt an option. My gloves are the Aldi 'biking' gloves from the recent sale.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i seasoned cyclist told me that silk gloves are best as liners and keep your fingers toastie.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
get your hands warm before you go out, and put your gloves on for a minute or two and clap them a bit. they will stay warmer for longer.

Keeping your arms helps too.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I did actually think about sticking all my kit in th etumble dryer before putting it on...but then I read the labels which for the most part forbid such wimpish cop out behaviour

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thanks.:rolleyes:..they look great but at £90 I'd need them not only to keep me toastie but to make my toast as well:biggrin:.
I cant afford that kind of cash. Thanks for the link though.

P.H

Über Member
buggi said:
i seasoned cyclist told me that silk gloves are best as liners and keep your fingers toastie.

Silk or Merino wool, any decent motorbike shop will have some and probably cheaper than the cycling equivalent.
If it doesn't interfere with using the brakes and changing gear, mitts are warmer than gloves, your fingers keep each other warm.

redshift

Über Member
What about thinsulate skiing gloves? I've used a pair off and on over the years, and because they're windproof they're much better at keeping fingers warm. ISTR they cost me about £15 in the dim and distant past.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I use a pair of thin woolen glove liners from 'Blacks' which cost about £6. Wear them under my winter cycling gloves and my fingers have been so far pretty warm.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
When I was 17 and had a m/bike, my hands used to freeze in the winter, until..... I found a pair of my Moms 60's silk cocktail gloves that went nearly up to your elbow !!!

I tell ya, underneath my leather biking gloves my hands were as warm as toast !

Hope Mom never sees this, she always wondered what happened to those gloves. :biggrin: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stevenb

Two thin layers are good...keep the air trapped in.
Wear some thimbles at the ends of yer digits BTFB.

You change yer avatar more times than an Essex girl does her lovers' ...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom