Got me a new set of wheels!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Thanks for those who perused my very long list of bike choices! Went to Paul's cycles today and looked at loads. Tried some mens and some women's specific. And I fell in love! This is a total shock to me as I am not a girlie girl who loves pink. But I had a test ride on this - and it's fantastic!

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b1s2p1425

I decided against discs.....I know what I'm doing with V brakes and just feel comfortable with them.

So brought the beast home and went straight out for a ride. I loved it. It is such fun and if you ask me, that's the main thing. Goes like stink and I even had the guts to do some single track downhill for first time since breaking my arm!

Brought some slicks for the Carrera which will now become my commuting bike.

All in all I'm a very happy bunny!

longers

Legendary Member
Janeyb said:
I loved it. It is such fun and if you ask me, that's the main thing.

You're right about that. Lovely looking bike ;).

Hang on <get sunglasses> Ah, that's better I can see it now.

If it suits it suits. You can agonize over specs and pics all you like but you know as soon as you ride it whether you'll get on with it.

Congrats, we'll be expecting some accessory questions next ;)

Ooops...just posted on your other thread...bit late I suppose :ohmy::evil:

That is cool though - love the bright pink, and I'm not usually into girly looking bikes, but that is FAB!!! So it on the web when it first came out and was dead jealous cause they are all too small for me!

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Don't mind at all.....I'm in west Norfolk so tend to visit Thetford and local forest routes in Shouldham, Sandringham, The Sinks. All nice trails with some ok single track routes. Rest of time spent pottering around on local backroads and bridleways.....usually via a local pub!

Also commute with bike on train to Cambridge - unfortunately not via the pub!

domtyler

Über Member
Janeyb said:
Don't mind at all.....I'm in west Norfolk so tend to visit Thetford and local forest routes in Shouldham, Sandringham, The Sinks. All nice trails with some ok single track routes. Rest of time spent pottering around on local backroads and bridleways.....usually via a local pub!

Also commute with bike on train to Cambridge - unfortunately not via the pub!

Be very careful JaneyB, there are some of the internets most prolific stalkers and cycle doggers on this forum. I fear you have just been groomed by one of the very worst. :biggrin:

PS, have you got any photos of yourself in Lycra? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

domtyler said:
PS, have you got any photos of yourself in Lycra? :evil:

Actually......I was contemplating pink lycra....purely to match the bike!:biggrin:
But photos of me in any kind of lycra would lose me even more street cred than buying a pink bike has!

I am currently suffering what looks to be an entire week of ribbing at work from a fellow cyclist who is disgusted at the colour of my new purchase! If you met me, you would realise that girlie pink is really not in keeping with my character!

I still love it though! - and she has officially been christened. The new member of the family is - Phyllis Pinkerton. Such a nice ring don't you think.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I think the colour is cool Janey. Nearly as nice as my lime green MTB (check out the photo gallery).

Phyllis Pinkrinse sounds better lol

I had a GT Agressor for a few years and I really liked it! Great for trails and for commuting!

Happy riding!

L

trio25

Über Member
I love the colour, but couldn't have a pink bike myself as I have so much pink clothing! I do have pink brakes on the ss mtb though.

Iceniner

I got myself a GT 2.0 with hydraulic brakes loved it, im quite impressed with the avalanche range, quite liked the neval tyres on these models too, not bad and have lasted pretty well even when on the road a lot.

Glad you like your new bike though! mines no where near as bright just the dull silver of the 2007 model :biggrin:

Top Bottom