Got my new helmet camera!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
yes it does, £200 is less than I thought, so tiny camera and a bulkier recorder?

what sort of size and weight is the recorder? fit in a jersey pocket comfortably?

Tynan

Veteran
god I'm lazy

Dimensions & weight: Approx. 133 x 78 x 18 mm – 5.2” x 3.1” x 0.7” - With kickstand
Approx. 290 gr. – 10.23 oz

and palm of hand

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The sound quality is indeed very good - we can not only hear the heavy breathing of the cyclist behind you, but the numerous gear-changes he makes to get up that hill while you breeze ahead of him effortlessly in top gear. :-)

What sort of battery-life are you getting? This seems to be the main drawback of all the current affordable systems - often limited to 1-2 hours, fine for commuting but not for touring.

Ben

Iceniner

Just for others this is how i have mounted my helmet cam. Ive just made myself a velcro strap and stuffed a bit of neoprene scrap material i had lying around against the camera and helmet to push the camera away from the body so it sat straight and didnt film at some weird angle. I didnt like the head band that it came with as it crushed my ear and felt rather uncomfortable after 30-45 minutes of wearing :-(

DSCN9950.jpg

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ben Lovejoy said:
The sound quality is indeed very good - we can not only hear the heavy breathing of the cyclist behind you, but the numerous gear-changes he makes to get up that hill while you breeze ahead of him effortlessly in top gear. :-)

What sort of battery-life are you getting? This seems to be the main drawback of all the current affordable systems - often limited to 1-2 hours, fine for commuting but not for touring.

Ben

I like your style! xx(

The battery is the weak point. I probably get about an hour out of it which is fine for me, but not great for others. Iceniner has made a battery back up for it that extends this which is a possibility. There are battery packs available to buy, but I'm not sure that these can be used with the camera connected.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Iceniner said:
Just for others this is how i have mounted my helmet cam. Ive just made myself a velcro strap and stuffed a bit of neoprene scrap material i had lying around against the camera and helmet to push the camera away from the body so it sat straight and didnt film at some weird angle. I didnt like the head band that it came with as it crushed my ear and felt rather uncomfortable after 30-45 minutes of wearing :-(

DSCN9950.jpg

You just can't help tinkering, can you iceniner? xx(

Top Bottom