Got myself an Adamo saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheffgirl

I suffer from soft tissue pain and numbness on long rides, spent nearly 3 solid hours on the bike last Tuesday and decided I had to get one of these.
I've done three rides so far on it of around 8 miles, and I like it so far. I just wondered how long I should expect to get pain from my sit bones? I think I need to adjust it again, by tilting the nose down.
My sit bones feel very bruised, I'm taking a day off tomorrow from cycling unfortunately, I wanted to do 34 miles too, but I think my poor bum needs to recover a little :sad:
I do get similar pain on a normal saddle if I haven't ridden for a few weeks, hopefully it's just a case of getting used to it.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Can't beat saddle time for getting accustomed to being in the saddle. Consider saddle fore/aft, angle and height. Any one of those may be causing your pelvis to rotate forward onto soft tissue

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I suffer from soft tissue pain and numbness on long rides, spent nearly 3 solid hours on the bike last Tuesday and decided I had to get one of these.
I've done three rides so far on it of around 8 miles, and I like it so far. I just wondered how long I should expect to get pain from my sit bones? I think I need to adjust it again, by tilting the nose down.
My sit bones feel very bruised, I'm taking a day off tomorrow from cycling unfortunately, I wanted to do 34 miles too, but I think my poor bum needs to recover a little :sad:
I do get similar pain on a normal saddle if I haven't ridden for a few weeks, hopefully it's just a case of getting used to it.
Pain in the sit bones is good - it shows you're taking the weight in the right place :okay:
I had similar pain when I first got an Adamo saddIe, and found that the positioning of the saddle had to be very precise, but once I found the correct spot it was a joy to use. Give it a couple of hundred miles for your bum to adjust to the new pressures, and continue to take rest days to help the adjustment. If you want to move the saddle, only go in tiny amounts.
When I finally got it right, I knew instantly. It's very difficult to describe the feeling, but you'll recognise it when it happens.

OP
OP
sheffgirl

sheffgirl

Pain in the sit bones is good - it shows you're taking the weight in the right place :okay:
I had similar pain when I first got an Adamo saddIe, and found that the positioning of the saddle had to be very precise, but once I found the correct spot it was a joy to use. Give it a couple of hundred miles for your bum to adjust to the new pressures, and continue to take rest days to help the adjustment. If you want to move the saddle, only go in tiny amounts.
When I finally got it right, I knew instantly. It's very difficult to describe the feeling, but you'll recognise it when it happens.

I was thinking that with the sit bones, I just need to man up lol. I feel like I am sat up straighter on it than my old saddle. I kept bending my back so my ass was on the seat to avoid the pain and then getting backache :sad:

Top Bottom