Saddle Bag (Small)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cool_hand

Über Member
As per title, looking for a nice looking and functional saddle bag.
a) To carry a minimum of: 1 x butyl tube, 1 x puncture kit, 2 x tyre levers, a couple of hex keys.
b) To carry maximum of 2 x butyl tube, 1 x puncture kit, 2 x tyre levers, a multi-tool, a light-weight wind or rain jacket.
Have looked at Restrap, look nice but not convinced, they don't appear to be waterproof and the tool-pouch looks too small to carry a jacket. Their Saddle Pack (4.5 litres) would probably work but looks a bit too big/bulky. Something between the two?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've been using something like this for about 15 years. Capacity is about half a litre. It fits the puncture kit, levers, chain tool, a few allen keys, spare front light and can slip my phone in too if needed. Technically it's not waterproof, but I've never found it wet inside. The quick release is handy.

There is an expandable version which will probably take your rain jacket too, maybe.
rixen-kaul-micro-200.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
I've been using something like this for about 15 years. Capacity is about half a litre. It fits the puncture kit, levers, chain tool, a few allen keys, spare front light and can slip my phone in too if needed. Technically it's not waterproof, but I've never found it wet inside. The quick release is handy.
I really like that it has a quick release attachment mechanism as opposed to velcro, also you can use the same attachment for the different sized bags. 👍🏻

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
The Ortlieb Micro also looks good. One thing I've noticed is my rear light that mounts onto the seat-post is probably going to be obscured by the bag – might need to consider using a bag I can attach a rear light to.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Ortlieb Micro also looks good. One thing I've noticed is my rear light that mounts onto the seat-post is probably going to be obscured by the bag – might need to consider using a bag I can attach a rear light to.

Or if you have a lot of seat post, put it below the bag

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
Or if you have a lot of seat post, put it below the bag
It's a Cat Eye VIZ300 – a narrow vertically aligned light. Even if you position it low on the seat-post it looks like most of the light will still be obscured. The Cat Eye website shows the option to fit the light horizontally which would work better but when I try to fit the light horizontally into the attachment the strap does not work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom