Got one at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I finally got myself a Brompton. A 6 speed, 9 Street. I fell for the colour when I saw it. It matches my Royal Engineers Old Boys Cycling Group jersey. I dont name bikes but have decided to call this one Bailey, after the bridges the Royal Engineers are known for.

Im looking to learning about Bailey and going out on adventures.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Be warned with the 6 speed.
The gears do not like wet or muck. Being so close to the ground they do pick up a huge amount of gunk which stops them working properly. They need to be kept clean and lubed on a very regular basis and after every wet ride.

Mrs M

Guru
I finally got myself a Brompton. A 6 speed, 9 Street. I fell for the colour when I saw it. It matches my Royal Engineers Old Boys Cycling Group jersey. I dont name bikes but have decided to call this one Bailey, after the bridges the Royal Engineers are known for.

Im looking to learning about Bailey and going out on adventures.
Happy you have a lovely new Brompton, with a name too :smile:
Any pics?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Congrats!
welcome to a whole world of pain as you watch your wallet empty every time you think of something you want to buy that has the word 'Brompton' in the title ;)

Especially when you buy the lovely Brompton tool kit that fits in the frame.
upload_2018-9-24_10-22-6.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got one of those for my birthday.

Lovely bit of design, but massively overpriced for what it is...

Indeed....

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am just back from Tuscany Road 2018 on my CDF so this is a bit different. I got the - 12% gearing model and still havnt bothered with 6th. It rolls along quite nicely.

Top Bottom