Got one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That's a shame but look on the bright side; at least it was only beater money and not coronacycling priced. I don't think I've ever seen a main tube go like that before, just rotted out chainstays. Keep your eyes peeled, something similar will turn up sooner or later, mixtes and other female frames don't tend to sell as well as mens ones.

I can't even strip it yet, dump closed...
:sad:

That's a shame but look on the bright side; at least it was only beater money and not coronacycling priced. I don't think I've ever seen a main tube go like that before, just rotted out chainstays. Keep your eyes peeled, something similar will turn up sooner or later, mixtes and other female frames don't tend to sell as well as mens ones.
Changed my mind after another inspection. This bike is in my head already. I don't think it will fall apart any time soon, and I'm not that heavy. And I don't ride like a sack o'spuds anyhow.

Finished it today!

OK, I'm back...
Need suggestions for new calipers to fit this.
I understand that it's fairly simple to mod the frame to take standard dual pivots, assuming the drop to be sufficient, which I doubt but will measure properly at some point soon.
Otherwise, it's long-drop nutted dual pivots. What's best here? Don't suppose for a moment there's any Shimanos that would fit?
Aha, a quick google says there are!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I got a pair of 105 dual pivots for my old Dawes but I'd've had to drill out the existing holes to fit them so kept my existing ones with new pads- it stops slightly better than it did before but I'm used to that!

I got a pair of 105 dual pivots for my old Dawes but I'd've had to drill out the existing holes to fit them so kept my existing ones with new pads- it stops slightly better than it did before but I'm used to that!
I already did that, Koolstop Salmons on the Weinmanns. Still not remotely good enough for the hills around here. The same rims on the Scott, with 105 5500 calipers and Salmons, would put me over the bars easy if I was not careful. The unbranded ones originally from the Scott, if they're long enough, are the prime candidates, but will require the use of a drill...
I'm not concerned about keeping the frame pristine, far too late for that even before I got it. But if go down that route, I do want to make a good job of it.

Top Bottom