Got stung on my tongue - ouch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Ouch :eek:

slowwww

Veteran
I was playing golf and drinking a can of Fanta between shots. I took a big swig and it immediately registered as being rather 'fizzier' than previous mouthfuls, which turned to a buzzing sensation, and finally a sting prior to me spitting out the angry wasp. Not pleasant!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’ll raise you one snake bite.

Adder bite on the Gower Peninsular. Not a yoofanizm.

Young female snake being swept along in a torrent of water by the road. Thinking it would be cold and dopey, I caught her to put her on higher ground but got bitten. I have kept snakes in the past so know how to handle them, but this happened so quick.

The next morning I had blisters on my toes, fingers, lips and nostrils where my body was rejecting the toxins away from the vitals. A&E advised me to ride it out.

Itchy a few days later.

Last edited:
I was playing golf and drinking a can of Fanta between shots. I took a big swig and it immediately registered as being rather 'fizzier' than previous mouthfuls, which turned to a buzzing sensation, and finally a sting prior to me spitting out the angry wasp. Not pleasant!

drinking Fanta and playing golf ^_^

wheres the confessional?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I’ll raise you one snake bite.

Adder bite on the Gower Peninsular. Not a yoofanizm.

Young female snake being swept along in a torrent of water by the road. Thinking it would be cold and dopey, I caught her to put her on higher ground but got bitten. I have kept snakes in the past so know how to handle them, but this happened so quick.

The next morning I had blisters on my toes, fingers, lips and nostrils where my body was rejecting the toxins away from the vitals. A&E advised me to ride it out.

Itchy a few days later.
Well done you anyway. But....

...would you do it again?

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Thankfully I wasn't far from where a few friends are, so I cycled there and stayed with them for half an hour so that if I had a reaction I was with others. The next wasp I see is really gonna get it..

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I would suggest taking an antihistamine. This will counteract the potential nasty side effects of the sting.

I got stung on the tongue by a hornet whilst cycling on the DNA path. I made it to A&E but wasn’t able to speak clearly due to swelling. I was taken straight into resus and Mr R bleeped.
I guess swelling only happens to people who are allergic right? I have been stung before and was fine so wasn't too worried about that.

I guess swelling only happens to people who are allergic right? .
No, if you are allergic, your throat can close off even if you are stung on the toe, but localised swelling happens to everyone, at the site of the bite. I think most people would survive a wasp sting to the tip of their tongue, but at the back of the throat, with repeated stings especially, anyone could be in trouble. Sensible you stayed with friends until you knew for sure :okay:. People can develop allergies to be stings, so it's always good to be cautious.

(I'm somewhere in the middle: my immune system overreacts to stings and bites, but the reaction is localised which means there is no cause for alarm)

Last edited:
Top Bottom