Got told off by my wife!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I only said that I was going to put a proper T&G ceiling in my shed as opposed to the existing plaster boards one . WW3 nearly started because of that. "There is work to do in the kitchen first instead of spending more money on that bloody shed" she said. Women, hey!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I only said that I was going to put a proper T&G ceiling in my shed as opposed to the existing plaster boards one . WW3 nearly started because of that. "There is work to do in the kitchen first instead of spending more money on that bloody shed" she said. Women, hey!

Women...Can't live with 'em...

They won't let me...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Objectively, and without more information: she may well have a point. :smile:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The kitchen is fine, just need updating a bit but fully functional. On the other hand, my shed needs a proper ceiling.

Globalti

Legendary Member
All you need is patience. It's happened a few times in our house over DIY projects:

KABOOM: "We're not having that nasty plastic solar panel controller in the utility room!"

...a week later the panel mysteriously migrates from the garage side of the wall to the utility side and because she's realised by then that she quite likes pressing the buttons to see how much heat we are receiving and nipping into the cold garage is a pain, nothing is said.

KABOOM: "We're not having that nasty bright white LED porch light! We'll look like a pizza takeaway when it comes on!"

...two days later after knock & run idiots have disturbed us yet again: "Er... maybe you ought to put that light and sensor up after all...."

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The kitchen is fine, just need updating a bit but fully functional. On the other hand, my shed needs a proper ceiling.

We've met @gavroche and you seem quite a sensible chap. You really don't understand the female psyche in relation to kitchens do you?

MikeG

Guru

You're not making a great case! What's wrong with this assessment: "the shed is fine, just needs updating a bit but is fully functional"?

Clearly, next time, you need to apply the old maxim "it's better to say sorry than please".

tyred

Legendary Member
I think your wife might have a point. Your kitchen needs a little TLC
hen-cabinet-doors-home-design-great-gallery-and-fixing-kitchen-cabinet-doors-interior-decorating.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You're not making a great case! What's wrong with this assessment: "the shed is fine, just needs updating a bit but is fully functional"?

Clearly, next time, you need to apply the old maxim "it's better to say sorry than please".

Surely you need to sort the shed out so you've got somewhere to build the new kitchen cupboards.. duh !

Top Bottom