Got told off for not wearing a helmet!

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Out today with my son in law & grandson minding our own business on a single track, when we were caught up by a guy on a bike with a trailer on the back with his dog in it, I asked if he wanted to come through but he replied no worries there a junction coming up.

We continued another couple hundred yards to the junction, stopped at the side to allow him through, as he passed he asked where was my helmet, I replied saying I'd lived until I was 60 without one & it was a personal choice, he replied well you should be wearing one & rode off! Never had that before.

screenman

Legendary Member
Did his dog have one on?

classic33

Leg End Member
Did his dog have one on?
bike2-1.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a roadie shout that at me once.

He was actually coming around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road in twilight with no lights at the time and ihad to swerve and only narrowly missed him. I shouted to him to watch what he's doing to which he tildme I was a dangerous B****** on the road with no helmet. Hmmmm

Should he stray into the path of a lorry, i wonder what his helmet will do for him!

yello

I had a newbie member at my club tell me I ought wear one. I very very rarely do, my club mates know that and have never said a word about it. They kind of shushed her up whilst I said nothing - I felt almost embarrassed for her!

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a roadie shout that at me once.

He was actually coming around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road in twilight with no lights at the time and ihad to swerve and only narrowly missed him. I shouted to him to watch what he's doing to which he tildme I was a dangerous B****** on the road with no helmet. Hmmmm

Should he stray into the path of a lorry, i wonder what his helmet will do for him!
No lights!

I once had someone lecture me on this while riding downhill alongside me with his hands off the handlebars.

After a bit I got fed up and shouted "Watch out!" and braked hard. It was several metres before he could even reach the brakes and several more before he came to a less than graceful stop.

It made my point for me.

Top Bottom