Gotta love Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Just mention changing the frame and you will have Trigger's faithful broom!
Actually the frame has been replaced but the bike shop did that.
(Beta Bikes in West End Lane, anyone know if they're still there?)
In fact the only original parts now are the downtube mounted gear levers.

Manonabike

Über Member
I asked my wife yesterday to stop by halfords and ask if they do headset cages.... she showed them the old bearing cage and the headset cup to find the right size. The mechanic handed a little bag with two cages and a tube of grease.... my wife said "these don't look the same" and he said "trust me, these are the right ones" - On first inspection they looked a bit different, less balls and bigger cage but I thought I'd try them. Too big!!!! I'll have to go there myself later on today - what a bunch of inept people :angry:

Armegatron

Bought a Brooks saddle from Halfords online. Fitted it and its lop-sided. Went to the local store Monday and the guy was quite helpful, he is going to call up relavent people to arrange a new one to be sent to me or the store and when that one arrives I return the faulty one. He said if he doesnt have any luck then I should buy another one, then return the faulty one to him for a refund when the new one arrives.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yup, take in a print-out and they'll match it.

I've not been able to use it yet though, as their stock choice is pretty bad.

Tried a price match from on-line, and got it. Got an on-line price on a pair of cycling shorts. They check very carefully to see that the item is on sale, and in stock, but all was legit, so got a very cheap pair of cycling shorts with mesh/lycra inners bit.

Top Bottom