gp 4 seasons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jdratcliffe

i currently run gp4000s ( well untill 2 days when ripped the sidwall on one) thinking about getting 4seasons for winter + replacing them anyone ride both and whats the difference? also wiggle have a deall 2 tyres with 2 tubes for only £63 ( see here http://www.wiggle.com/continental-grand-prix-4-season-fold-road-tire-2-and-tubes/) i normally and have only had 23mm but wiggle do a set 23f and 25 rear whats the advantage of running different sizes? would this be a good idea with winter coming?

the idea is that a slightly wider tyre will support the rear of the bike, where most of the rider weight is anyway, while a slightly narrower 23 on the front presents a lower profile to the wind. In practice, it probably makes no difference - especially on winter tyres.

4 seasons are good tyres though - I have a set (25mm) on my winter bike. What are you planning on doing with the other GP4000S?

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

the idea is that a slightly wider tyre will support the rear of the bike, where most of the rider weight is anyway, while a slightly narrower 23 on the front presents a lower profile to the wind. In practice, it probably makes no difference - especially on winter tyres.

4 seasons are good tyres though - I have a set (25mm) on my winter bike. What are you planning on doing with the other GP4000S?

oh ok - have y ou riden on the 4000s? how did they compare?
regards the other tyre its done 6000miles and still looks ok has a few flat spots as it was the rear so was going to keep as an emergency replacement, if when this happens again so i dont have a bike outta commission.

difficult to compare directly, because the 4Seasons are on my winter bike and the GP4ks are on my best - but the ride is good on both. Good/correct pressure seems to be a lot more critical on the 4Seasons though - they seem a lot more sensitive to it.

mattobrien

Guru
I have gone from the 4000 S to the 4 Seasons. I am impressed with the 4 Seasons, I thought there would be a big difference to the detriment of the 4 Seasons, but they are good tyres and roll well. Might be slightly slower than the 4kS, but hardly noticeable. Recommended.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are good tyres but expensive, although that deal looks good. I ran them for about 18 months, but had a sidewall go on a fairly new one - must have caught something. Great grip all weathers.

Ended up getting Michelin Lithion 2's - less than half the price and they roll better. I found the 4 Seasons quite harsh due to the harder side wall, but they are cracking tyres. Still tempted to buy more when the Lithions wear out.

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

OK, what psi do you guys run your gp 4 seasons at in relation to your gp4ks? btw i ran min at 110 out of 120 on the front and 115/120 at the rear im 11 stone 10pounds.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I run 100 front, 110 rear usually on all my bikes. Need 110 on the commuter due to the rack and pannier weight.

Top Bottom