GPS Tracking with a nokia.

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by PaulSecteur, 8 Apr 2010.

1. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Hi,

I have a nokia E71 with inbuilt GPS and would like to use it to track my rides.

Can anyone recomend the software and if possibole a "How-to" for uploading the route onto a gmaps?

Cheers, Paul.

PS- I think I have seen this in another thread. I have searched.... I din not find.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Nokia Sports Tracker

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/main/index.do

Hope this does what you require.

3. currystomper

currystomper Über Member

I have a nokia 6220 classic and I use sports tracker to record my rides - it lets you upload the data via bluetooth to the PC. PM me if you want more info...

4. OP
    OP
    PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Hi,

Thanks for the links.

I had heard of Nokias sports tracker but thought it just recorded the statistics, but it does output to google earth so thats spot on.

It wasnt the app I was thinking of though. I can not remember for the life of me what it was called, just that it was available on all formats and there was quite a lot of discussion that I cant find...

5. funkidunc

funkidunc New Member

endomondo is pretty good

6. rh100

rh100 Well-Known Member

7. greekokiril

greekokiril New Member

And there is way to set a goal on the web, as well to search for cyclist near you, easy for finding cycling buddies

8. spence

spence Über Member

Also have an E71 and been using Sports Tracker no problems at, records all ride details and tags any photos you may take, if that's your thing. Very quick to upload via 3G or wireless connection. Can output gpx files.

Very good, especially for a pre installed free-be.

9. spence

spence Über Member

Another thing, the E71's gps chip retains a much stronger signal than my old Garmin Etrex Legend not dropping out under tree cover etc.

10. Fat Lass

Fat Lass New Member

Another E71 owner and Sports Tracker user here!

No complaints with either, the E71 picks up a GPS signal within seconds, unlike my old N95 8gb that never even picked up a sodding Satellite!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice