grand canyon cf 5.9

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
Has anyone any experience of Canyon bikes, especially the grand canyon cf 5.9? Seems alot bike for the money but is it too good to be true?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I suggest you read the threads detailing the issues they have been having recently. The bikes seem to be great, unfortunately after 5 months I gave up waiting to see if that is really true.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I suggest you read the threads detailing the issues they have been having recently. The bikes seem to be great, unfortunately after 5 months I gave up waiting to see if that is really true.

Agreed, no doubt Canyons are good bikes and better than many.

But the current supply problems rule them out as a realistic purchase until their difficulties are sorted.

Levo-Lon

Guru
We have 2 spectrals and a nerve which the kids bought last yr..excelent bikes and they got them quickly.
that said there seems to be a few probs atm..factory outlet may be a better option as there in stock? Apparently

Motozulu

Über Member
Great bikes, but you also have to factor in any warranty issues should it fail. Riding buddy of mine was without a bike for 6 weeks during the summer as they dragged their heels over a genuine warranty issue. Unless you are not worried by warranty stuff and are prepared to do all work yourself on any fails - I'd think hard about it.

Penski

I'm one of the ones waiting (3 month delayed so far), but bike is now about a week away.

If you contact them now, I think your delivery dates will be quite accurate. It was towards the end of November when ETA times across their site drastically changed, prior to this most things were saying 2 week dispatch.

OP
OP
P

paxterg

Veteran
After a few emails back and forward where Canyon UK admitted there had been problems and where they are now confident in availability times I am gonna order the Grand Canyon CF 6.9. Won't be available until early February but it is a lot of bike!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
After a few emails back and forward where Canyon UK admitted there had been problems and where they are now confident in availability times I am gonna order the Grand Canyon CF 6.9. Won't be available until early February but it is a lot of bike!

Good luck, Canyon were confident on delivery times repeatedly over a 3 month period for me. Still let me down though and were still taking orders without letting anyone know they had issues. Still, if they are still having issues in February they would really be in trouble.

Rob_H

I bought this bike about 3 months ago. Its been brilliant. I managed to grab last years model for 1300 (Euro) in the end of season sale. I was a little cautious before buying because there seems to be so few references to it on forums..most people have gone for the higher models. I can't say a bad word about the bike. It was shipped quickly, build quality is very good, easy to assemble. The bike rides really well, the big wheels roll nicely and it performs well on descents and climbs. Only change I've made to the bike is to make it tubeless, I had to replace one of the tyres due to ripping the sidewall, but that would have been the case with any new bike. If you have any specific questions then let me know.
Rob

OP
OP
P

paxterg

Veteran
Excellent rob, what height are you and what frame size did you go for? Also is the geometry ok for everyday riding ie not too aggressive for racing?

Rob_H

Excellent rob, what height are you and what frame size did you go for? Also is the geometry ok for everyday riding ie not too aggressive for racing?
I am 5.10 and went for medium, but fill in the calculator on the website itll give a recommendation. The geometry is sweet. I was riding a Giant Trance and was worried this would feel too different, but Ive been very happy riding the same trails I always did. Also done a 12hour long distance spin on it, its been great for everything. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the geometry was made a bit slacker after getting feedback from the guys that were racing the bikes.

Top Bottom