Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
latest is that as of this morning they have taken £1936 from my card for a £1400 bike, plus there are various pending payments totalling £17k in addition!. I have a block on the card now, plus two named individuals at Canyon trying to resolve it. I genuinely believe this is cock up not fraud, and in any event the card company can protect me. One of the people helping is UK based but currently in Germany and has given me his personal contact details to speed things up.

I'm sure it's a cock up. If your card is protected (I believe all credit cards are, but debits vary) then you should be ok.

Have you challenged the charges on your card with your bank? I'd do that as well as trying to get Canyon to sort it out on their end.

(it's years since I've done it. Back in the day the merchant had to provide a signed receipt if you challenged a charge. Not sure what they do now. But basically, they go to the merchant and require proof you incurred the charge)

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Yes,
I'm sure it's a cock up. If your card is protected (I believe all credit cards are, but debits vary) then you should be ok.

Have you challenged the charges on your card with your bank? I'd do that as well as trying to get Canyon to sort it out on their end.

(it's years since I've done it. Back in the day the merchant had to provide a signed receipt if you challenged a charge. Not sure what they do now. But basically, they go to the merchant and require proof you incurred the charge)
have called bank and am going to get charges reversed. Canyon now in touch hourly....

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Sometimes it pays to buy your bike from the local bike shop!
I've bought 2 online in the past thou - had delivery problems on one, but only by a couple of days!
As said on another related thread I will be delighted to buy a bike to the specs I want from an LBS but cannot find one....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think they are a victim of their own success!

It's a common occurrence when a company offering a product that looks too good to be true can't cope with the demand. Reminds me a lot of when I signed up to PlusNet some years ago - they were going through a period of very rapid expansion and clearly didn't have the infrastructure to cope with it. Had there been no problems with my internet connection, I may well still have been a happy customer now, but because of where we lived, we weren't able to get broadband at the time and after several months of trying and failing to get through to customer services, I cancelled the direct debit, which finally prompted them to pull their finger out... and set a debt collector on me!

It's a shame about Canyon's problems because their bikes are fantastic. I know the head of their UK operation and he's a straight up decent chap who will be feeling the hurt with this situation. All I can say is I know it is not his fault - not that this is any consolation to those of you left high and dry.

Andy-56

Regular
Being interested in a new Canyon, I first ordered from their online Factory Outlet on 26 October 2015 a CF SLX 8 and I received the standard 'thank you for ordering from Canyon, we will process your order asap' within a few days I didn't receive any confirmation so I rang their UK office and was told they had delays but assured me my bike would be delivered but they couldn't say when. After a couple more exchanges via email and a phone call asking to speak to the head of UK operations I received the official personal email from The CEO, Roman Arnold saying that he was sorry about the poor service which was due to upgrading their IT infrastructure but that he was confident the issues would be solved in the next two weeks. With another two weeks past and still no UPS delivery scheduled (which I was told would happen) or any further contact from Canyon, I rang Canyon UK and was told 'sorry but your bike doesn't exist, it was probably double sold'! So after more than one month after I ordered the bike I had to ring them to find out that all had been for nothing. I was gutted..

So I decided to dust myself off and reordered another bike from them which again after a week of waiting I didn't receive an order confirmation despite being told that they anticipated the bike to be dispatched in approx one week from ordering when I rang and consequentially decided to reorder.
Unsurprisingly nothing came so I ordered another bike...and then another from the Factory Outlet, so that's three live orders I had and my theory was that at least one of them must go through... Later that night after ordering the last of the three bikes I received an order confirmation! Hurrah.... I hope, the provisional delivery date listed on the order confirmation is already past but I am hopeful that Canyon will come good this time and deliver what I have been assured by phone and order confirmation that I will receive. I have cancelled the other two orders as is Canyons policy that you cancel within 14 days for no reason given.

Not the greatest experience I've ever had whilst spending over £2k but if I do eventually receive this bike...I hope it's as good as they say!

Being interested in a new Canyon, I first ordered from their online Factory Outlet on 26 October 2015 a CF SLX 8 and I received the standard 'thank you for ordering from Canyon, we will process your order asap' within a few days I didn't receive any confirmation so I rang their UK office and was told they had delays but assured me my bike would be delivered but they couldn't say when. After a couple more exchanges via email and a phone call asking to speak to the head of UK operations I received the official personal email from The CEO, Roman Arnold saying that he was sorry about the poor service which was due to upgrading their IT infrastructure but that he was confident the issues would be solved in the next two weeks. With another two weeks past and still no UPS delivery scheduled (which I was told would happen) or any further contact from Canyon, I rang Canyon UK and was told 'sorry but your bike doesn't exist, it was probably double sold'! So after more than one month after I ordered the bike I had to ring them to find out that all had been for nothing. I was gutted..

So I decided to dust myself off and reordered another bike from them which again after a week of waiting I didn't receive an order confirmation despite being told that they anticipated the bike to be dispatched in approx one week from ordering when I rang and consequentially decided to reorder.
Unsurprisingly nothing came so I ordered another bike...and then another from the Factory Outlet, so that's three live orders I had and my theory was that at least one of them must go through... Later that night after ordering the last of the three bikes I received an order confirmation! Hurrah.... I hope, the provisional delivery date listed on the order confirmation is already past but I am hopeful that Canyon will come good this time and deliver what I have been assured by phone and order confirmation that I will receive. I have cancelled the other two orders as is Canyons policy that you cancel within 14 days for no reason given.

Not the greatest experience I've ever had whilst spending over £2k but if I do eventually receive this bike...I hope it's as good as they say!

I wouldn't hold your breath and I'm very surprised you went back for more punishment! There are bucket loads of equally good bikes that are much easier to come by.
BB

Milkfloat

An Peanut
To be fair, it took me more than 4 months to give up @Andy-56 Good Luck, I suggest you contact them every couple of days.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member

Similar to me but I only every had one order on the go. Although when I complained direct to the CEO I think they may have manually created a new order that coincided with my real one...

Andy-56

Regular
I wouldn't hold your breath and I'm very surprised you went back for more punishment! There are bucket loads of equally good bikes that are much easier to come by.
BB
Weight us important to me as I do a lot of climbing including climbing comps and I have not seen a bike with such a good spec (ultegra/ kysrium elite slsetc whilst weighing less than 7kg) for £2.2k.
If you know of such a bike I'll be all ears bonsabibilly?

huwsparky

Über Member
Weight us important to me as I do a lot of climbing including climbing comps and I have not seen a bike with such a good spec (ultegra/ kysrium elite slsetc whilst weighing less than 7kg) for £2.2k.
If you know of such a bike I'll be all ears bonsabibilly?
Have you looked at Rose X-lite team 3000? Less than 2.1k, better specced than the Canyon and considerably lighter.

A 7KG bike should be achievable by scanning through sale bikes at this time of year also...

Andy-56

Regular
Have you looked at Rose X-lite team 3000? Less than 2.1k, better specced than the Canyon and considerably lighter.

A 7KG bike should be achievable by scanning through sale bikes at this time of year also...
Thanks Huw, I will look into the Rose X Lite

Top Bottom